Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Nothing is really safe to assume. I'm going with the new guy excuse for any pictures I might post. Some are shot through glass, some are from a lesser camera and the haste and motion will also apply as an excuse. This forum is well populated with good photo talent. That's not me.
20121004_104344.jpg

I guess what is safe to assume is I need more work on my picture resizing and editing efforts

Attachments

• 344.jpg
    344.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Let's try another. Gotta love sunrise

326.jpg

I seems I will need some advice before I proceed.
Apologies.
DSCI0326.jpg

Attachments

• 326.jpg
    326.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Nothing is really safe to assume. I'm going with the new guy excuse for any pictures I might post. Some are shot through glass, some are from a lesser camera and the haste and motion will also apply as an excuse. This forum is well populated with good photo talent. That's not me.
View attachment 9417

I guess what is safe to assume is I need more work on my picture resizing and editing efforts

This is a great photo. Thank you so much for posting it.

Awesome pics, SkyJacked, and welcome to the forum! :)

Housekeeping.jpg
Housekeeping pads refer to the concrete pads that large mechanical & electrical equipment sit on. They could be anywhere from 4" to 8" high off the ground. Since the mech room in this tower is at the top, they are referring to the pads in the room, at the top of the tower.

Thank you all for the welcome. I will get a handle on this pic posting game eventually.

Housekeeping pads is kind of a generic description of what happened on the 59th floor over the past several days. Most of the structural slab concrete was meticulously waterproofed and insulated and waterproofed again before being covered with reinforced concrete.

Some of this new surface will have housekeeeping pads built on top and more of the same will happen on 60

20121004_124634.jpg

Attachments

• Housekeeping.jpg
    Housekeeping.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
Thanks SkyJacked. Can you tell us if there be a flat roof to house window cleaning equipment, or if the north and south facade will meet to form a perfect point??

I am asking because the curved north wall and the flat south wall are both at different angles, meaning that when they reached the same height there would still be a small wedge shaped flat roof

Last edited:
There are lots of things I don’t know and there are lots of things that would be inappropriate for me to say. I can say that the next few months will be interesting to anyone that happens to cast a glance.
I will try to contribute to this great forum.

Thanks SkyJacked. Can you tell us if there be a flat roof to house window cleaning equipment, or if the north and south facade will meet to form a perfect point??

I am asking because the curved north wall and the flat south wall are both at different angles, meaning that when they reached the same height there would still be a small wedge shaped flat roof

If i remember correctly it will continue to a point, but with one corner of the "point" being higher than the other.

Panorama

I couldn't resist stitching together two of SkyJacked's pictures into a vertical panorama. I hope he doesn't mind.

8056882044_acdc167e82_o.png

Last edited:
thats a cool shot thank you for posting. i wondered what it looked like up there. really close to completion of structure now.

SkyJacked, thanks for the great pics and welcome to the forum.

I imagine as this gets taller and the width (north south) gets more and more narrow that your view directly down the tower will be quite striking. Not that it's already, I'm sure :)

great article by William Thorsell in the Globe, about the topping off of the L Tower, and the liberating aspects of some of the architecture we are starting to get here...I wholly agree with everything he has to say....and especially like his description of OCAD as 'pop art' - never thought of it that way before, but I think he nails it...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/home-and-garden/architecture/liberation-architecture-libeskind-and-gehry-free-toronto-from-the-dry-functionality-of-modernism/article4592904/

Back