Toronto Kipling Station Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | SAI

Hamilton GO Centre's washrooms were open last time I went in November. Stupidly, Bloor GO/UPX is closed. I tweeted Metrolinx and they said "Due to the pandemic. You are welcome to use the ones on all trains." Which really, makes little-to-no sense.
Same with Weston as well. It does make no sense. The only washrooms i can think of that are open are Union, Kipling, Finch, TYSSE Stations, Yorkdale, Square One and Richmond Hill Centre. It's hit or miss for any other terminal or station in the GTA. This wouldn’t be the biggest issue on the Lakeshore or UPX lines as they are currently the lines with the most frequent trains, but for the hourly lines, you’d be out of luck if you had to wait 40 mins+.

Yesterday I was going from Hamilton to Renforth via the 40 and there wasn’t practically any confirmed washroom open until getting to Square One. That is honestly ridiculous, but at least you get there in no time so i wouldn’t have to worry as much. Hopefully though, the province can actually make washrooms an “essential service”, because you know.... it is one

I remember being at Burlington GO during the summer and this lady was so desperate for a washroom that she begged security to open the closed part of the station for her to use the washroom. She then got onto route 12, which is a 90 minute trip, so I don't blame her. I don't understand why they close the station at 10pm when there are still trains running and security is there anyway.

Hamilton GO Centre's washrooms were open last time I went in November. Stupidly, Bloor GO/UPX is closed. I tweeted Metrolinx and they said "Due to the pandemic. You are welcome to use the ones on all trains." Which really, makes little-to-no sense.

Dude, they closed the bathrooms at Tommy Thompson Park.... and put port-a-pottys up beside them.

Its a known fact that Covid hates port-a-pottys, didnchaknow?

So dumb.

Bloor-GO is currently staffless from what I can tell. I think that's the only explanation. They don't want to hire someone to specifically keep drug users out of the washrooms.
Hmm ... is that legal? Isn't that a transfer between the Bloor line and the Pearson line?

Or are there bathrooms on the UPE train ... can't remember..

Here is my first trip from my first bus trip to the Hub and TTC Station on opening day.

Here is my first trip from my first bus trip to the Hub and TTC Station on opening day.
It gets longer every time I see videos of it. Given the length I’m surprised no one stamped up for some art along the walls - it would have made the space look so much more inviting.

You remember how they say the olden days were the golden days?

For anyone taking that side, there's yet another example of that. Remember that terminal was built 40+ years ago; there's no way in god's planet it would be built in that location today. If it were up to Hydro One, they would take a wrecking ball to it tomorrow if they could.

And that is dumb!

The timeline is interesting. You were walking at a good (typical) pace.

1:55 to navigate the MiWay platform, enter the structure, and reach the firedoor to the tunnel
4:14 to reach the fire doors at the subway end
4:58 to exit
5:36 reach the TTC subway entrance
6:10ish to reach the TTC turnstiles

I wonder how that (plus the walk to the platform, plus riding time) compares to the old bus, continuing to Islington, reaching the stairs at Islington. and reaching the platform there.

This terminal really needed to be at Cloverdale, with the subway extended.

- Paul

The timeline is interesting. You were walking at a good (typical) pace.

1:55 to navigate the MiWay platform, enter the structure, and reach the firedoor to the tunnel
4:14 to reach the fire doors at the subway end
4:58 to exit
5:36 reach the TTC subway entrance
6:10ish to reach the TTC turnstiles

I wonder how that (plus the walk to the platform, plus riding time) compares to the old bus, continuing to Islington, reaching the stairs at Islington. and reaching the platform there.

This terminal really needed to be at Cloverdale, with the subway extended.

- Paul
Based on the timeline by the videos I shot, it was far faster to go to/from Islington than the new Kipling Transit Hub. On average, it took me a minute from getting off the bus and be on the subway platform. It took me about 90-120 seconds to get off the subway to the bus platform depending on which end of the train I got off.

When I factor in everything, I and all riders using the new Hub have to add an extra 5 minutes travel time for each trip per direction to our current travel time if you are a health body person. It will be an extra 7-10 minute travel time for older and slow walkers as well need the use of elevators.

I have said since day one that Cloverdale as per the Big Move was the correct location for the new Hub but also for TTC. It would save millions for both system and deal with the problems for TTC and GO at Kipling. Also faster trips for everyone. A new GO Station would be built at Cloverdale as well as the land is set aside for the new Gateway Hub.

Going back to around 2005 when first proposed by the ward councilor not once but 3 time since then to have the subway extended to Cloverdale, it was shot down by the Commission with the Fords having a hand in doing so as it was at the wrong end.

When they extended Line 1 from Wilson Station to Downsview Station (now Sheppard West Station), they abandoned the north bus terminal at Wilson Station. They are still using the south bus terminal at Wilson Station.

subway-5106-24.jpg

A direct view of the defunct North Bus Terminal at Wilson station, as seen from the lower level of the original bus terminal. Note the former pedestrian entrance to the left that was and still is sealed off when the North Terminal was opened. Photo by David Cavlovic.
From link.

When or if they extend Line 2 to westward to Sherway Gardens or Cloverdale Mall, the same will happen with the Kipling west bus terminal.

When or if they extend Line 2 to westward to Sherway Gardens or Cloverdale Mall, the same will happen with the Kipling west bus terminal.
Can’t wait until the kipling transit hub gets smashed and dashed and MiWay moves yet again. Unless if the ttc would relocate to the hub while smashing the current terminal they use, move the station platforms closer to the hub and put in fare zone rules and gates which seems unlikely considering the decisions that go around all over the gta and transit projects

When they extended Line 1 from Wilson Station to Downsview Station (now Sheppard West Station), they abandoned the north bus terminal at Wilson Station. They are still using the south bus terminal at Wilson Station.

subway-5106-24.jpg

A direct view of the defunct North Bus Terminal at Wilson station, as seen from the lower level of the original bus terminal. Note the former pedestrian entrance to the left that was and still is sealed off when the North Terminal was opened. Photo by David Cavlovic.
From link.

Wilson station's North Terminal is being used as storage space.

Can’t wait until the kipling transit hub gets smashed and dashed and MiWay moves yet again. Unless if the ttc would relocate to the hub while smashing the current terminal they use, move the station platforms closer to the hub and put in fare zone rules and gates which seems unlikely considering the decisions that go around all over the gta and transit projects
Kipling is one of the most effective bus terminal on the TTC. Only a flight of stairs and a few meters of walking between bus and subway. They wouldn't have to replace it and have everyone funnel through a narrow corridor. Considering they'll have to pay an annual fee to ML to maintain it, that wouldn't be happening.

Back