Toronto Kings Club at King High Line | 57.6m | 18s | First Capital | Kasian

The east end is indeed the sandstone coloured tile (as expected).
IMG_0764.jpg

And the Shoppers is now open (as of yesterday). As usual, they've covered the windows in typical Shoppers' fashion, isolating the store from the street. I wish that were banned.
IMG_0766.jpg

Minor Variance application submitted to turn a chunk of the residential GFA into a hotel use:

On behalf of our client, we enclose an application for variances to Site-Specific By-law 225-2014 to facilitate the introduction of a hotel use within the built form that is currently being constructed on the Subject Property (the “Proposal”). The Proposal consists of 61 hotel units on floors A4, B4 and A14 of the building, as identified on plans A02-13, A02-16, and A02-23 of the enclosed architectural plans. In order to facilitate the Proposal, a variance is required to reconfigure 3,846 square metres of planned residential gross floor area into non-residential gross floor area (for a hotel use); resulting in a total nonresidential gross floor area of 20,084 square metres. The total combined residential and non-residential gross floor area of 48,217 square metres is not proposed to be changed.

Could it be "Sonder"?

That would make sense, since the rooms are scattered between two of the buildings and various floors. Also - no lobby or amenity space proposed.

Anyone know what going on with Canadian Tire that was supposed to go in here?? Been by it numerous time and no sign of them going in now. Every time I shot it the past year. things have change for the site. Not impress with shoppers layout and smaller than most new stores.

I shot the site a few weeks ago and no big change from my last visit.

Anyone know what going on with Canadian Tire that was supposed to go in here?? Been by it numerous time and no sign of them going in now. Every time I shot it the past year. things have change for the site. Not impress with shoppers layout and smaller than most new stores.

Canadian Tire is in the basement so you won't see much. It's scheduled to open in Sping of 2020

Lets hope so cause there is no sign of them moving in there anymore?

See my posts 2 pages back. Spring 2020 opening.

Had to wait for Longo's to finish most of their work before we could take possession of the space. Interior work has already started. "Coming Soon" sign is coming soon.

I'm guessing this Mcdonalds replaces the one at King and Dufferin..

So the retail is all big chains then.. Shoppers, Longos, Canadian Tire, Winners, Petsmart, McDonalds. It's like a big vertical suburban strip mall.

I'm guessing this Mcdonalds replaces the one at King and Dufferin..

So the retail is all big chains then.. Shoppers, Longos, Canadian Tire, Winners, Petsmart, McDonalds. It's like a big vertical suburban strip mall.
to be fair though, this district was in dire need of a Canadian Tire. Lived there for 3 years and trying to do any sort of handyman work involved planning my shopping around what I could pick up on the way home from work.

Back