Hamilton King William Urban Rentals | 97.56m | 30s | LIUNA | Graziani + Corazza

Honestly if I lived in a condo or apartment I'd love to be able to go downstairs and work in a separate "office" space. I go into the office as is voluntarily, largely for the social aspect, and to get out of the house.
If I lived in a condo/apartment that's less than 1,000 sq. ft, the separate office space would be welcome so you don't feel as cooped up in your small unit all the time. Plus, depending on how often you can use it, not needing a desk in your unit allows the space to be used for something else.

I WFH 100% of the time and don't feel cooped up, but I live in a 2,000 sq. ft. home by myself. So it's MUCH easier to handle it.

Great to hear there are more restos coming to this area! When I was there 2 weeks ago we were pleasantly surprised by all of the cafés/restaurants kitty corner to this building and its relaxed but upscale vibe. In fact we shelled out💸on an unplanned dinner and drinks so ended up boosting the local economy! Lol

Last edited:
Honestly if I lived in a condo or apartment I'd love to be able to go downstairs and work in a separate "office" space. I go into the office as is voluntarily, largely for the social aspect, and to get out of the house.
I work from home but my "office" when we did work out of the office is across the street and it's literally empty - noone goes inside - so there is no social aspect left. It jut feels desolate - at least at home I got my creature comforts around me :)

my desk and chair just barely fit in my room, but I like to be comfy so it's all good with me :p

We're definitely off topic now, BUT I'm a big fan of WFH. It enables a significantly better work-life balance. I'll be moving to a new building this weekend, not sure if there's office space though I'm optimistic and hopeful there is.

We're definitely off topic now, BUT I'm a big fan of WFH. It enables a significantly better work-life balance. I'll be moving to a new building this weekend, not sure if there's office space though I'm optimistic and hopeful there is.
I think WFH is great if your commute is more than 15 minutes or 20 minutes. But less than that it makes less sense.

I think a big reason North Americans love it is because of our built environment. Europeans work from home at a far lower rate post-covid peak.

I think it has a lot to do with our commute times and the fact that our business districts are far more segregated from other activities.

I like working in the office. I get more done, get to leave my house (I hate being home all the time), but my commute is only about 5 or 10 minutes walking or cycling. Most of my coworkers that come in voluntarily have sub-20minute commutes.

We have a blast though lol

I think WFH is great if your commute is more than 15 minutes or 20 minutes. But less than that it makes less sense.

I think a big reason North Americans love it is because of our built environment. Europeans work from home at a far lower rate post-covid peak.

I think it has a lot to do with our commute times and the fact that our business districts are far more segregated from other activities.

I like working in the office. I get more done, get to leave my house (I hate being home all the time), but my commute is only about 5 or 10 minutes walking or cycling. Most of my coworkers that come in voluntarily have sub-20minute commutes.

We have a blast though lol
I live in the east end bordering Stoney Creek and did the bus to Hunter and GO Train to Toronto commute for 22 years. Over 2.5 hours commuting each day. WFH for over 9 years now. I ain't switching back. Just can't do it anymore.

Surely that's more than 2.5 hours per day no? The train from Hunter to Toronto is 1h 15m, bus from Stoney Creek to Hunter must be at least 30 mins? Sounds like over 3 hours total?

My 45 min commute each way makes me cringe! But it's doable a few days a week.

Surely that's more than 2.5 hours per day no? The train from Hunter to Toronto is 1h 15m, bus from Stoney Creek to Hunter must be at least 30 mins? Sounds like over 3 hours total?

My 45 min commute each way makes me cringe! But it's doable a few days a week.

It's been a while, but I remember the train ride being about 1h 5m - but maybe I'm misremembering... the bus took about 15 minutes. But, yeah - it could be 3 hours per day if you figure in for delays anyways. In any case, when you're younger - you sometimes have to sacrifice your personal time/life to get a job in the field you want and then continue to sacrifice to work your way up to get the pay you want. I used a lot of that time reading books, watching movies/shows while on the train. Gotta make the best of it.

After a certain age hopefully you've earned the ability to WFH while making decent pay. That's where I am at this point. 22 years commuting earned me 9 years (so far) of working from home. Eyeing early retirement - but that's a hard decision to make when it's hard to prepare for the uncertainty and concerning future economy.

It's been a while, but I remember the train ride being about 1h 5m - but maybe I'm misremembering... the bus took about 15 minutes. But, yeah - it could be 3 hours per day if you figure in for delays anyways. In any case, when you're younger - you sometimes have to sacrifice your personal time/life to get a job in the field you want and then continue to sacrifice to work your way up to get the pay you want. I used a lot of that time reading books, watching movies/shows while on the train. Gotta make the best of it.

After a certain age hopefully you've earned the ability to WFH while making decent pay. That's where I am at this point. 22 years commuting earned me 9 years (so far) of working from home. Eyeing early retirement - but that's a hard decision to make when it's hard to prepare for the uncertainty and concerning future economy.
I used to live in stoney creek and have to get to burlington and back to work - 2 hours bus ride each way including transcab - thus I don't miss the days of commuting to work - and I can more or less set my own hours at work at home - I can work till 4 in the morning if I wish as long as the work gets done.

Back