Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

From today's Daily Commercial News, so posted with the usual caveat......

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING, TOWNHOUSES Proj: 9087180-8

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE

King West Condominiums, 65, 75, 85 East Liberty St, King St W, M6K
$49,000,000 est

Start: October, 2010 Complete: January, 2012

Note: Sales and Marketing are ongoing. Working drawings are complete. Gen Cont has been awarded by the Const Mgr, from an Invited list. Site work and excavation are anticipated late Summer/early Fall, 2010. Gen Cont expects construction start Fall, 2010. Sub trade tenders will be issued by Invitation Fall, 2010. Further update late Summer, 2010.
http://www.kingwestlife.com UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE OWNER.
Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, structural steel frame, brick exterior, fuel fired heating system, steam/hot water heating system, proposed construction of a condominium development, including three 25 storey towers. The project will also include construction of a base podium to house three-storey townhouse units.
Scope: 1,300,000 square feet; 25 storeys; 3 structures; 1100 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

edit: we now have addresses, 65, 75, 85 East Liberty St.

I spoke to a construction worker today and he said there is about 15 feet of digging down to go. Here are a few shots i took of the site today.

Attachments

• KWL03.jpg
    KWL03.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 237
  • KWL01.jpg
    KWL01.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 224
  • KWL02.jpg
    KWL02.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 223
completion date

Hi There,

Is the completion date on this project still June 2013?

thanks

From today's Daily Commercial News, so posted with the usual caveat......

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING, TOWNHOUSES Proj: 9087180-8

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE

King West Condominiums, 65, 75, 85 East Liberty St, King St W, M6K
$49,000,000 est

Start: October, 2010 Complete: January, 2012

Note: Sales and Marketing are ongoing. Working drawings are complete. Gen Cont has been awarded by the Const Mgr, from an Invited list. Site work and excavation are anticipated late Summer/early Fall, 2010. Gen Cont expects construction start Fall, 2010. Sub trade tenders will be issued by Invitation Fall, 2010. Further update late Summer, 2010.
http://www.kingwestlife.com UNSOLICITED PHONE CALLS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BY THE OWNER.
Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, structural steel frame, brick exterior, fuel fired heating system, steam/hot water heating system, proposed construction of a condominium development, including three 25 storey towers. The project will also include construction of a base podium to house three-storey townhouse units.
Scope: 1,300,000 square feet; 25 storeys; 3 structures; 1100 units
Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs

edit: we now have addresses, 65, 75, 85 East Liberty St.

I've been told 3 years to completion so it sounds like it should be about right.

Presently they are about 3 stories down in the dig. About another 10-15 feet to go on the dig.

87% sold so far for both this and Liberty Tower by Plazacorp.

A crane has been put in. I guess they are ready to build!

Attachments

• IMG00079-20101023-1638.jpg
    IMG00079-20101023-1638.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 266
crane went up sometime between friday and Saturday.
I was told they were all the way down 4 days ago.
Should be about 2 and 1/2 years to three years to build this baby and get her registered.

Should be about 2 and 1/2 years to three years to build this baby and get her registered.

given the scale of this project (3 towers with huge footprints) ... expect more more like 3 - 4 years

given the scale of this project (3 towers with huge footprints) ... expect more more like 3 - 4 years

Actually from a senior insider at Plazacorp.

They expect to be finished at the end of summer of 2013 with registration by Sept 2013. They expect first moveins Feb 2013 and completion by Nov 2013 (3 years from now). Remember Simuls, despite the large footprint, the towers are only 25 or 26 stories vs. alot of the 40 to 70 story buildings. Allowing a week for each story minimum, this may explain the discrepency between our thinking.

Of course alot can happen in between.

(Eg. Material shortages, strikes)

Oh, I noted 2 cranes up on the East side from the highway as I was driving by. I believe the 2nd crane was on this site. Perhaps someone could confirm.

Last edited:
There are now two cranes. I drove by tonight on my way back from the airport and saw them both up. I wonder if they will put a third crane in, one for each tower section??

There are now two cranes. I drove by tonight on my way back from the airport and saw them both up. I wonder if they will put a third crane in, one for each tower section??

Actually, I think the 2 cranes are positioned over the most Easterly building Tower. I would think they migh well put at least one more in the middle and then 2 more for the most Westerly Tower.

I am not sure if they have to have a crane to go through the center of the middle building or if they can use the crane from the Easterly or Westerly building.

Based on the time lines they're projecting, I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 cranes on this site when it all gets going.

Based on the time lines they're projecting, I wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 cranes on this site when it all gets going.

If the sales figures are accurate, and they continue to sell well, no reason to delay if they can get the manpower to build and the equipment.

From the Star:

12. KING WEST CONDOMINIUMS IN LIBERTY VILLAGE: East Liberty St. west of Strachan Ave. Builder: Plazacorp Urban Residential Communities. Three terraced towers rising from a common podium. Podium on the north side is seven storeys and three storeys on the south side. The west tower is 23 storeys, the centre tower is 25 storeys and the east tower is 23 storeys with 1,172 units in total. Mostly brick with precast concrete accents. Prices (parking and locker included): from $299,900 for 610 sq. ft. to $763,900 for 1,376 sq. ft with a 1,173-sq.-ft. terrace. Fees: 44.7 cents per sq. ft, plus hydro. Amenities: 24-hour concierge, indoor swimming pool, two hot tubs, his and hers change rooms with steam room, fitness area with yoga and stretching area, table tennis, two bowling lanes, arcade, concession area, 30-seat movie theatre, sports simulation room with Wii compatibility, two billiard rooms, five guest suites, professionally managed spa facility, lake view club with terrace. Sales: 87 per cent sold. Status: under construction. Occupancy: June 2013. Sales centre: 14 Strachan Ave., 647-341-1731; www.plazacorp.com; www.kingwestlife.com

Back