Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

I have some documentation (somewhere) that says the estimated date of occupancy is now December 2011 (when i bought they did say June 2011 but shortly after that they changed to December).

I am think maybe mid 2012. I am still hoping the project goes ahead as the unit I bought was a great deal however if they decided to 'fold' or the occupancy date is unrealistic I will pull my money and look elsewhere...

I feel like mid 2012 would be fine for me. I will probably just wait this one out and buy something else in the mean time. That way I wont have to stress or wait. So many other projects and a whole lot of resales available right now. Great time to buy!

I have some documentation (somewhere) that says the estimated date of occupancy is now December 2011 (when i bought they did say June 2011 but shortly after that they changed to December).

I am think maybe mid 2012. I am still hoping the project goes ahead as the unit I bought was a great deal however if they decided to 'fold' or the occupancy date is unrealistic I will pull my money and look elsewhere...

What unit did you buy??

I'd buy that figure...but it doesn't mean it's going to get built as all three phases are to be built together and that means at least another 650+ units to sell...which isn't going to happen anytime in the next 3-5 years. Just wait. When phase one purchasers are asked to extend their EV date next year, people will bail by the tonne. This is a non-finisher imho...and while I'd like to see Liberty Village completed asap, I really didn't like the design of this building at all. Far too cumbersome and monolithic for the area. It would've dwarfed the neighbourhood.

I don't like the look and size of them of this project and no offense to buyers but I hope this project doesn't get built.

I currently like sitting on my patio and being able to see the top of the Ricoh Center and the top section of the west stands at BMO field.

I wish they'd build more townhomes there instead.

I feel like mid 2012 would be fine for me. I will probably just wait this one out and buy something else in the mean time. That way I wont have to stress or wait. So many other projects and a whole lot of resales available right now. Great time to buy!

Good luck with 2012...I would be surprised if ur in here by 2014 if even at all.

I don't like the look and size of them of this project and no offense to buyers but I hope this project doesn't get built.

I currently like sitting on my patio and being able to see the top of the Ricoh Center and the top section of the west stands at BMO field.

I wish they'd build more townhomes there instead.

perhaps you are a resident in Battery Park or ZIP ... in a due respect your comment sounds very NIMBY (yes build my condo tower but don't build the one next door? townhouses are better??) ... the same 'townhouse' comment can be made about the Battery Park complex too ... I think it is pretty clear when your condo was sold that there were going to be more buildings in Liberty Village, including these on the south side East Liberty Street which would block the south views ;)

perhaps you are a resident in Battery Park or ZIP ... in a due respect your comment sounds very NIMBY (yes build my condo tower but don't build the one next door? townhouses are better??) ... the same 'townhouse' comment can be made about the Battery Park complex too ... I think it is pretty clear when your condo was sold that there were going to be more buildings in Liberty Village, including these on the south side East Liberty Street which would block the south views ;)

I live in the townhomes with my unit on East Liberty. I thought I made that known when I stated I like sitting on my patio being able to view the Ricoh and BMO field. ;)

I bought it presale a year or so before they even broke ground on them. I saw the plans for the whole area so I roughly knew what other developments were going up (well atleast the location of them).

Obviously the LVTO towers/bliss are being built now directly south of me and I don't have a problem with them. From what I can tell from plans the townhomes inbetween both towers will be directly across from me which I like. Also with the towers facing east/west that wont be as bad. I like the look of the renderings too.

I just stated I don't like the look (and size) of the King West Life Condos, nor do I like the look of Battery Park/Vibe/Zip buildings but I don't care as I only have to look at them when I walk by them on the way to the Metro, LCBO etc etc.

I have read similiar comments here from people saying such things about those three and didn't see anyone else having a problem.

I have also read comments here from people saying they thought the townhomes were ugly which I don't have a problem with because they are just peoples opinions.

I just stated my opinion/preference.

Maybe I'll start posting pictures of the construction south of East Liberty street as it would be very easy for me to do as I can even look out my window and see the two cranes hard at work. :)

As of now, there are a few walls up just south of the huge white crane.

I don't see this complex being completed until 2013. Most places I've heard of are compelted two years after they say they'll be completed.

My two cents...

There are 1100 units in this project, of which approximately 220 have been sold in the past 15 months. That means they need to sell at least 600 more to obtain bank financing if they are to build it all at once. This is a huge project and would take at least 3 years to complete (although occupancy might start in Phase 1 around 2 years depending on how they arrange the build).

I cannot see them selling these 600 units at any point in the next 2-3 years, so construction in my best case scenario would start sometime in late 2011 - perhaps 2012, with occupancy in 2014 at the earliest.

While I do hear a very NIMBY-ish tone to Agent Orange, I would agree that this project is simply too massive, underwhelming architecturally and not as good a deal as most people think (for example, my PH condo in Liberty Towers cost $150 000 less than an equivalent at KWL). I'd jump ship.

My two cents...

There are 1100 units in this project, of which approximately 220 have been sold in the past 15 months. That means they need to sell at least 600 more to obtain bank financing if they are to build it all at once. This is a huge project and would take at least 3 years to complete (although occupancy might start in Phase 1 around 2 years depending on how they arrange the build).

I cannot see them selling these 600 units at any point in the next 2-3 years, so construction in my best case scenario would start sometime in late 2011 - perhaps 2012, with occupancy in 2014 at the earliest.

While I do hear a very NIMBY-ish tone to Agent Orange, I would agree that this project is simply too massive, underwhelming architecturally and not as good a deal as most people think (for example, my PH condo in Liberty Towers cost $150 000 less than an equivalent at KWL). I'd jump ship.

As of this morning as I walked by, a couple of cement trucks have arrived on the scene. I have no idea what they're doing. I am just stating an observation.

As of this morning as I walked by, a couple of cement trucks have arrived on the scene. I have no idea what they're doing. I am just stating an observation.

Interesting. Was this definitely on the King West Condos grounds? I would assume the first steps in any construction (far fetched that this is indeed 'construction') is to dig the hole. So i would be confused as to why they would need cement?

Can anybody comment? Perhaps its for the constuction next to KWC?

Last edited:
Liberty Village Towers/Bliss are using that area as staging for their build. The cement trucks have been there everyday for the past 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. Was this definitely on the King West Condos grounds? I would assume the first steps in any construction (far fetched that this is indeed 'construction') is to dig the whole. So i would be confused as to why they would need cement?

Can anybody comment? Perhaps its for the constuction next to KWC?

They appeared to be on the KWL grounds.

East Liberty Street is very congested now that construction for Liberty Tower/Bliss is in full force. I think they're just using the KWL area because there's no where else for the trucks to park.

I have heard from some agents that they are launching Phase 2 of this project sometime this month?

Can anybody confirm?

Back