Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

Lots of mixed information in this thread!

Whats the verdict? This will get built but delayed or it's not gonna see the light?

You get mixed information because no one knows... Not even the developer knows if its going to be built...

They have a heck of a lot of units to sell because they can even think about obtaining construction financing and even at that point its a toss up if they can even get financial backing at this point in time....

In any even... This one, if it does get built.. It quite a ways off still...

hey

i am liking this project.
Will each tower have its own lobby and entrance or will it be lobby and entrance. will the amenties (pool, gym etc) be shared also?
I ususally dont like constructions where multiple buildings have to share a lobby/entrance. can get rowdy in my opinion.
thanks
just1time

The building will have 3 separate lobbies but will have shared amenities which I believe are located in the center tower.....

i am liking this project.
Will each tower have its own lobby and entrance or will it be lobby and entrance. will the amenties (pool, gym etc) be shared also?
I ususally dont like constructions where multiple buildings have to share a lobby/entrance. can get rowdy in my opinion.
thanks
just1time

The building will have 3 separate lobbies but will have shared amenities which I believe are located in the center tower.....

thanks for the reply.
how do you guys think the shared amenities among the three towers will affect maintenance fees?. since amenities like pools,upgrading of gyms etc usually cause maintenance fees to skyrocket on the long-run, do you think since the amenities will be shared by the three towers, the maintenance fees will be minimzed in this regard?

Thanks
just1time

I believe the current maintenance fees are approximately 0.41 cents per sq ft. I think in general with a high volume of users sharing the amenities you get more variety / amount of amenities (such as the proposed case here) and generally maintenance fees are lower (again the case here).

But what the future will hold in regards to increases etc noone knows....

Just my opinion....

thanks for the reply.
how do you guys think the shared amenities among the three towers will affect maintenance fees?. since amenities like pools,upgrading of gyms etc usually cause maintenance fees to skyrocket on the long-run, do you think since the amenities will be shared by the three towers, the maintenance fees will be minimzed in this regard?

Thanks
just1time

If you want low maintenance fees new constructions are the way to go. If you look at some of the older king west buildings, with less amenities even like the Summit building(701 king st w), they are well over 60 cents per sq ft. Every year there will be an increase so the older the building the more you pay. But having 1100 people sharing amenities should definitely keep the costs down. They are planning on having spa services though... I know its pay per use but i wonder what kind of an effect that will have on the costs. I would assume some of their pay comes from us!

I believe the current maintenance fees are approximately 0.41 cents per sq ft. I think in general with a high volume of users sharing the amenities you get more variety / amount of amenities (such as the proposed case here) and generally maintenance fees are lower (again the case here).

But what the future will hold in regards to increases etc noone knows....

Just my opinion....

Totally agree....

Not sure if they have spa services though. I see on the website 'fitness spa' but I think this is referring more to the fitness facilities?
It was never my understanding that there would an actual 'spa' but i could be wrong!

If you want low maintenance fees new constructions are the way to go. If you look at some of the older king west buildings, with less amenities even like the Summit building(701 king st w), they are well over 60 cents per sq ft. Every year there will be an increase so the older the building the more you pay. But having 1100 people sharing amenities should definitely keep the costs down. They are planning on having spa services though... I know its pay per use but i wonder what kind of an effect that will have on the costs. I would assume some of their pay comes from us!

I have a question to the owners that bought last June/ July 2008 for 85 East Liberty Street..

Has anyone seen the reduction in prices offered in the latest batch of condons in phase 2 released in June 2009?
Does it concern anyone that the reduction in price is anywhere from $70,000 to $170,000?
what impact will this now have on asset value for people that purhased in Early 2008 (June/ July)?
As well, from what I have read here, will the people that bought the same time last year, get this rebate that was offered if you purchased in November or December of 2008?

Just curious.
Cheers.

I dont understand where you are getting your figures... first off they are only on phase one. There hasnt been any talks of releasing phase two yet. The only reductions I have seen in the past year were around 10k off a select few units. And that was in the late fall/early winter. They definitely havent been dumping their prices. The price for my unit I bought last year was up 12 grand so far when I last went in.

Can you give any examples of floorplans that were dropped 170 grand? I think someones messing with you because thats total bs.

I have a question to the owners that bought last June/ July 2008 for 85 East Liberty Street..

Has anyone seen the reduction in prices offered in the latest batch of condons in phase 2 released in June 2009?
Does it concern anyone that the reduction in price is anywhere from $70,000 to $170,000?
what impact will this now have on asset value for people that purhased in Early 2008 (June/ July)?
As well, from what I have read here, will the people that bought the same time last year, get this rebate that was offered if you purchased in November or December of 2008?

Just curious.
Cheers.

From their website:
www.kingwestlife.com
Select floor plans
since you purchased in this building, find your floor plan and verify price.
the 12 to 23 floor 2 +2 + Den (1172 sq ft) is showing a significant price differential.
If I am wrong and phase 2 has not been released, I will stand corrected.

I dont understand where you are getting your figures... first off they are only on phase one. There hasnt been any talks of releasing phase two yet. The only reductions I have seen in the past year were around 10k off a select few units. And that was in the late fall/early winter. They definitely havent been dumping their prices. The price for my unit I bought last year was up 12 grand so far when I last went in.

Can you give any examples of floorplans that were dropped 170 grand? I think someones messing with you because thats total bs.

Having bought into this project and thus followed the pricing of the units carefully I can confirm 100% that the starting prices are the same. I cannot see the prices moving down too much (definitely not 70k to 170k) as the are already were around ~400 to ~425 per sq ft last year.

What is INTERESTING is that there are a lot more floorplans listed on the website. Based on this I believe phase 2 is being released or prepped for release as I dont believe all of those floorplans were available in phase 1.

Anybody have any info regarding phase 2?

EDIT : I think this actually be phase 1 with the recently released 'chopped up' floor plans from here http://www.kingwestlife.com/newplans.html being put onto the main site.....

check out the starting from under $$ when you look at the units in the floor plan area.

Last edited:

Back