Kitchener King Victoria Transit Hub | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | WZMH

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
A short feedback survey for the King-Victoria terminal (the two designs shown earlier). Survey closes on February 17th.

If you take the survey, I would suggest listing a possible connection from the East-bound King plaform as a suggestion- so that there's some more noise.

I wonder- in light of the issues around intermodality and the shift in platform location in the newest schemes, would it make sense to add a stairwell+elevator to the eastbound LRT platforms, and reuse the platform on the track level as a walkway to the main station building?

I don't really "get" option 2. It's got some nice landscaping, but other than that it just seems worse than option 1:
  • No ticketing area
  • Smaller waiting area and community room
  • No sheltered access to the rail platform
  • No direct access between the rail platform and the northbound ION platform
  • Looks alright but less visually impressive than option 1

I noticed this update for the transit hub, dated October 7th, 2020, on Engage WR.

0B52F239-DA44-44E3-8309-ED2ED0DAA296.jpeg

Hey, there's a ton of renders there.........and here, they are: (from: https://www.engagewr.ca/king-victoria-transit-hub)

1605828015756.png

I found @W. K. Lis ' Water Feature:

1605828068036.png

1605828102885.png

1605828132694.png

1605828156688.png

This slide is entitled multi-use trail link..............looks suspiciously like a bus terminal to me......

1605828231031.png

This one I like, but it amuses me........people sitting down on the stairs in the midst of a station......

1605828271379.png

1605828354654.png

1605828375887.png

This looks really good! I love the bike integration - loads of parking, and even a ramp from Waterloo Street to the platform! I feel like the plaza could potentially just become a big empty space, but hopefully the area will be busy enough to prevent that. I hope they find a good use for the Rumpel Felt building and part (or all) of the parking lot.

Edit: Also, the fall 2022 completion date seems really soon... I kind of doubt they'll make it but it would be cool if they did.
Same here. I highly doubt construction will start next spring. I hope they leave space for future platforms. That is more than the 2 proposed. This station can become a hub for SW Ontario and space for future platforms need to be included.

I like that this design really makes Kitchener Central seem like a Central station. It makes it seem like you’re arriving in a city, not a town. I hope that they go full steam ahead with building this station. Next up, I think that Waterloo Region needs to really push to get Breslau GO built. As sad as this makes me feel, an abundance of parking would help boost ridership numbers in the AM and PM rush.

Same here. I highly doubt construction will start next spring. I hope they leave space for future platforms. That is more than the 2 proposed. This station can become a hub for SW Ontario and space for future platforms need to be included.

By looking at maps, it seems like they could squeeze in a 3rd track pretty easily. Which is good because I do think that more capacity will be needed over the next 15 years.

The bridge beside VIA/GO current station was built for 3 tracks and could easy hold 4 tracks.

If I remember correctly, King Bridge will support 3 tracks for sure and possible 4 depending on platforms. One side and centre platform is what I can recalled and could have a 2nd side platform..

Good thing Metrolinx not calling all the shots for this new terminal as it would be scale back from the current design.

I like that this design really makes Kitchener Central seem like a Central station. It makes it seem like you’re arriving in a city, not a town. I hope that they go full steam ahead with building this station. Next up, I think that Waterloo Region needs to really push to get Breslau GO built. As sad as this makes me feel, an abundance of parking would help boost ridership numbers in the AM and PM rush.

By looking at maps, it seems like they could squeeze in a 3rd track pretty easily. Which is good because I do think that more capacity will be needed over the next 15 years.
I’d like to see at least 4.
You can also have a platform that does not cross King St. It would be reserved for Toronto only runs. Similar to Pickering Station’s 3rd platform.

I agree on the parking - there’s too much and Breslau should be built ASAP as the main park & ride.

Back