Toronto KING Toronto | 57.6m | 16s | Westbank | Bjarke Ingels Group

I'm hoping against stone - it's one of the most expensive cladding materials. It'd be nice if these units ended up being affordable for the common man.

Many, many types of natural and engineered stone. Aluminium, brick, precast and, glass isn't all there is for the common man. Regardless, these wouldn't be affordable as a spandrel laddened window wall by a 3rd rate design factory. That's just the nature of the site and location.

If there was a cheap and nice stone product out there, we would see it around Toronto. But, no such product exists. Though, feel free to prove me wrong.

https://twitter.com/NovakovicTO/status/702305265417363456

^^UT ftw

Also some images updated from earlier Globe piece

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I would have thought it would be preferable to have the set backs step down from north to south rather than south to north as that latest image above shows for better sun exposure. It must have to do with city height restrictions??

I wonder if there will actually be evergreens in the forecourt? That really ties into the mountain valley nature of the design.

Interesting tidbit from the live stream of Bjarke's talk tonight: apparently they are hoping to break ground in 2017. Bring it on.

Also, Jennifer Keesmaat asked a question from the audience and sounded generally supportive.

Is there an online copy of the presentation from last night at Koerner Hall?

Last edited:
(Single) men who own property tend to be aware of the art of cleaning.

Standards may vary.

re: Project

One thing I wish the project would flesh out a little better is how the structure will interface with the existing heritage buildings - something more than facadism would add interest.

AoD

Whoever mentioned basalt columns was spot on - I couldn't put my finger on it, but that's what I thought about when I first saw renderings.

Also, I'm unclear on how the rooftop terraces work. Where's the access?

Back