Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

IMG2004-L.jpg

IMG2002-L.jpg

IMG2007-L.jpg

IMG2009-M.jpg

IMG2017-L.jpg

IMG2018-L.jpg

Looks like a Pet Valu store is moving in across the street on the north-west corner of Front and Princess (184 Front Street East).

The previous tenant The Penthouse-Home Furnishings closed up a few weeks back.

That's a pretty nasty looking elevation.

I hope the Coke addition on the roof looks better than the rendering suggests. It looks more las vegas kitsch than king-east design-district.

Looks like a Pet Valu store is moving in across the street on the north-west corner of Front and Princess (184 Front Street East).

The previous tenant The Penthouse-Home Furnishings closed up a few weeks back.

Yes, permits issued in December:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5A 4N3

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 328819 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Jan 18, 2012

Project: Multiple Unit Building Interior Alterations

Description: Interior alterations to existing ground floor commercial unit for new retail store. Tenant - "Pet Valu".

I'm hoping that big green patch is not part of the Dollarama signage.

So far, as much as the retail additions have been very practical, this building is looking very Frankenstein-ish so far.

To me its reminiscent of Metropolis/Toronto Life Square/10 Dundas East, where there is no coherence either in it's aesthetics or its design.

I do however like that the Front street portion is more animated and has needed street lighting scones.

I'm really hoping it all comes together when it's done.

Each day, going to/coming home from work, I peer into the window of the space destined to be the Dollarama store, and I don't see any changes. It's been months since I've noticed tradespeople in there. I wish they would get going on it. I'll be very glad when that and the LCBO store are finally ready for business.

Not sure if these tidbits are 'truth' or 'rumour'. I overheard that Fresh Co. would be replacing Sobey's. Also, I heard that there is concern that if the Dollarama on Sherbourne closes, as a result of the Front street opening, an unsavoury element may follow. Hence the seeming 'hold' on construction at the Front St. venue, as building owners/& tenant(s) revisit previous decision.

Last edited:
LOL, I really have no clue as to what store would go in the Dollarama spot, assuming the 'rumour' that I heard has some basis in fact.

I would tend to agree with Mr Weston. Some truck gardens tend to cut corners in the sanitary department--although in fact many of these same farmers sell to both local markets and large companies like Loblaws.

Really the best way to get fresh produce is to grow your own.

Back