Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

Neweby here. Lerked for a month, now time to start contributing.
Realy looking forward to the no frills opening !
Any one else think it may force the other grocery stores in the area to lower some of their prices?
Anyone have any further info or pics inside ?

Neweby here. Lerked for a month, now time to start contributing.
Realy looking forward to the no frills opening !
Any one else think it may force the other grocery stores in the area to lower some of their prices?
Anyone have any further info or pics inside ?

Sobey's will not lower their price because they are a chain and therefore price by region and not location.

Sobey's will not lower their price because they are a chain and therefore price by region and not location.

for sobies to lower their prices to compete with no frills across the street, they could change to "their" discounted store Freshco.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong, but the density and demographics might be such that pricing isn't a factor.

I look at No Frills as a means of Loblaws entering the neighbourhood. Loblaws owns No Frills and this location simply isn't large enough for the Loblaws format.

Hello again,

As Im excited for my old friend Luc and seen some stuff recently.

I seen a potential floor plan for Luc's no frills last week and its pretty much the same as most other new no frills that recently opened, are around that size. I heard before that it was going to be 2 floors a while back with an escalator but I guess that changed. Only the staff lunchroom and offices will be upstairs, I guess taking 1 office unit above.

There is indeed a second entrance on Princess street. Inside it leads to what looks like a foyer where I guess they will store the shopping carts.

I only seen 2 receiving docks on the floor plan which I am assuming the third one on the internet floor plan is LCBO's receiving dock.

11 cash lanes and a customer service desk at the front.

There are no 3rd party services like the wine rack, coffee shops, bakeries, or butchers apparent on the floor plan. Only a pharmacy.

A lot of spaces for pallet drops. Im excited for luc but opening a store is hard when you have no projection numbers. I dont think he will be OOS on a lot sale items first month though. If anything there will probably be a lot of excess stock.

Luc usually works almost every day...I guess for the first month opening his new store he will then be there open to close. :eek:

Enjoy the store if you plan on shopping there. :cool:

I am psyched about this No Frills opening up. The other downtown east locations are pretty run-down, so we drive to the Dundas/Lansdowne location when looking to stock up on dry goods. If the produce is good this might become the regular grocery store of a lot of people in the area, since the Loblaws isn't really within walking distance of anywhere and the St. Lawrence market Metro is pretty small and usually very crowded.

I was by here today and I noticed that they have put in a large, sliding glass door, on Princess Street. The shelves are all stocked with food, so it won't be long before cheap food comes to oldtown.

The target opening date is Fri, March 4th. If that is the date then they will have the date posted on their 'Coming Soon' sign in the front at least a full week prior.

I was an intrepid reporter and got some photos today:

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I'm looking forward to more consumer activity on 'that side of the street'. It will make for a much more interesting walk and should bring even more stores. Bring on the hustle and bustle of downtown life!

Last edited:
Great pics GraphicMatt thanks
question to all though ?
Since this store is called "Luciano's No Frills" is the store at 449 Parliament St still called "Luciano's No Frills" or was the name changed.
Can their be two stores called Luciano's

I was at the site earlier today.

I went to the LCBO side and had a peek inside, they are months away for completion. They were bringing a bunch of drywall in there though.

Luc currently has his name on both stores. They are going to keep his name up on the Parliament store for a couple of months. I don't know who will be the upcoming franchisee of the Parliament store.

Back