Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

It's certainly interesting...but I think I prefer the earlier rendering. I'd like to see more...

KPMB is now the design architect on this project, though Page + Steele might still be involved. So glad that first design was scrapped.

It's my understanding that Mansoor Kazerouni of Page + Steele is now directly involved with the project.

The title of the thread suggests a 48 and 35 floor proposal - however the current design is 48 and 35 floors. Retail and/or restaurants is planned at grade and an inner courtyard with pedestrian walkways through the podium is planned as well.

I believe they're in the process of eliminating dynamic design elements, reducing production costs and adding stucco to make this project bland enough to bring to market.

I pray to God I am wrong about this.

that's unfortunate as I was really hoping for the stacked box design.

I think Team Me was being a bit sarcastic. I like the stacked box design also, but I was more partial to the initial design that had several "points" and the "fans" at the top.

I've been wandering about in Chicago today (typing this up on a MacBook Air - sweet - in the Michigan Av Apple store) and right now 48 stories doesn't strike me as too tall for anywhere.

An hour ago I saw Adam Giambrone (and a girl!!) being driven in a caleche south on Michigan Av. getting the goods on Chitown from the driver. Oh sure it's suspicious that Adam and I (and the beard) are all here at the same time, but that's all I'm going to admit to...

Lol, I was looking at this old thread and saw this post from 2008, I wonder who the young women was.

from today's Daily Commercial News....

CONDO APARTMENT BUILDING, HOTEL, RETAIL Proj: 9092320-3
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS
355 King St W, M5V 1J6
$70,000,000

Note: Preliminary design is on hold. Owner is seeking City Council rezoning approvals. A revised design and rezoning submission were submitted to City Council Summer, 2009. Timeframe for approval is undetermined pending approval of the Build Form Review for the area. Schedules for Working drawings, tender and construction will be determined when approvals are in place. Further update Spring 2011.

Project: proposed construction of two mixed-use buildings. These will consist of a 47-storey structure and a 42-storey structure. They will be linked at grade level by a seven storey podium with five storeys of hotel space and two storeys of retail space. The project will include demolition of existing buildings on the site.
Scope: 603,400 square feet; 47 storeys; 5 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 450 units

Development: New
Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Shopping centres, plazas, malls; Hotels, motels

CONDOMINIUM, RETAIL BUILDING Proj: 9123194-3

Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON PREPARING PLANS

355 & 343 King St W, 119 Blue Jays Way, M5H

$65,000,000 est

Note: Preliminary design and site plan drawings are underway. Owner's Rep has finalized City Council rezoning approvals. Owner will submit Site plan for City Council approval Spring, 2011. Schedules for Working drawings are undetermined pending approvals. Timeframe for tender for Gen Cont and construction has not been set. Further update mid-Spring, 2011.

Project: proposed construction of two mixed-use, residential and commercial buildings. The project proposes a 48 storey building and an 18 storey building. There will be a total of 486 condominium units with 11290 sq meters of amenity space.

Scope: 605,000 square feet; 48 storeys; 4 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 486 units

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services

First report Thu Jul 29, 2010. Last report Tue Sep 07, 2010.
This report Tue Jan 11, 2011.

Back