Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

It's about time, it's probably just my imagination, but it seems some projects start in only a few months, yet others, like U, Karma, or One Bloor, take forever to really get going. I know there's many different reasons why some projects get built faster then others, but would be unreasonable to expect a similar time line for all projects? Ok ok, I know, stupid question, but there are so many projects I'd love to see become reality (like the Gehry towers, Holt Renfrew, 45 Bay, etc) sooner then later. The ones I'm VERY eger to see start, like 1-7 Yonge and The One, have a million obstacles ahead of them before anything happens, guess I'm just far too impatient, especially for The One. I know it's still a newly released proposal, but a new tallest tower in the country? That's something to be excited about!

Ok ok, I know, stupid question, but there are so many projects I'd love to see become reality (like the Gehry towers, Holt Renfrew, 45 Bay, etc) sooner then later. The ones I'm VERY eger to see start, like 1-7 Yonge and The One, have a million obstacles ahead of them before anything happens, guess I'm just far too impatient, especially for The One. I know it's still a newly released proposal, but a new tallest tower in the country? That's something to be excited about!

Hey some of those are all looking good to go ahead, with the City already holding a community consultation for The One in the next week, 45 Bay rumored to break ground sometime this spring, and Mirvish/Gehry going into sales this fall...not bad for three high-profile developments, also don't think that the re-designed 1-7 Yonge is too far from getting full approval from City Planning....Cheers

Ground breaking to be held Friday:cool:

Headbang-1.gif

Attachments

• Headbang-1.gif
    Headbang-1.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 902
The parking lot was closed today, I guess for the ground breaking tomorrow. There were people on site cleaning up the sales office, putting in new plants, etc...

The sign on the parking lot window said the lot would be closed today and tomorrow. So it doesn't seem like they will be getting to work right away after the ground breaking. Perhaps still waiting for permits.

^ $43 million worth of design and rezoning?

Oh I'm not saying he lost money, just that he didn't exactly pull home $40 million either.

Designing two large buildings like this can be a huge cost. Not $40 million, but enough to take a serious chunk out of those costs. Then you have all the money spent on marketing the first tower, rezoning, etc. and you get a large chunk of cash.

Not sure why Gupta would have ordered full drawings. Rezoning was done by Mirvish too. Rezoning is dirt cheap by comparison.

The actual groundbreaking ceremony. Construction to start within the next few months.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4.jpg
    605.7 KB · Views: 1,170
  • FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 572

Back