Toronto King Blue by Greenland | 155.75m | 48s | Greenland | Arcadis

Gee, I guess we've been corrected. All skaterboys are saints. They causeth no issues and shall be free to damage whatever they shall please. Because after all, no skateboarders have ever caused damage before.

mini-posters-the-simpsons-bart-skateboard-71131.jpg

Is the hotel still part of the project? I know if i was buying a unit i would like to know what kind of hotel is planned for the building. Most of Mr. Gupta's hotels are low-end to mid-rage. This would be a good opportunity for him to bring a smaller luxury boutique hotel chain to Toronto.

Is the hotel still part of the project? I know if i was buying a unit i would like to know what kind of hotel is planned for the building. Most of Mr. Gupta's hotels are low-end to mid-rage. This would be a good opportunity for him to bring a smaller luxury boutique hotel chain to Toronto.

well the advertisement/marketing for the condo gives an impression being mid-high range but again this is marketing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went by the sales centre today - apparently they are over 50% sold

Not crazy about the architecture but It's a decent project overall in my opionion

The towers aren't anything special, but the midrise podium looks good, and it will fill another huge, ugly parking lot that's been desecrating this nice stretch of King Street for ages.

I'm predicting a July construction start.

Further along if its only at 50%. It still needs another 30% on it, and that is only for one tower. (The entire project is actually only 25% sold) so I think we will be lucky to break ground by the end of the year.

Further along if its only at 50%. It still needs another 30% on it, and that is only for one tower. (The entire project is actually only 25% sold) so I think we will be lucky to break ground by the end of the year.

I do not think there is any chance they will break ground this year. Given the normal lead times to reach the necessary thresholds to go ahead from the lenders, prepare then submit the permit drawings, review and receive approvals, tender and award the construction contracts, imho groundbreaking is much more likely to take place well into 2014.

In more personal experience - I pass by the marketing suite on my way to and from work. The couple of times I have dropped in to ask to see their what they have - the scale model and project plans, etc., I have been told that it is Friends and Family, and Agents only, so (in polite terms) please F.O. People like myself - the great unwashed (a bit of sarcasm here)- are going to let in at some later date. Given that approach and attitude in the marketing program, it will be interesting to see how the sales go once the initial marketing launch passes.

I do not think there is any chance they will break ground this year. Given the normal lead times to reach the necessary thresholds to go ahead from the lenders, prepare then submit the permit drawings, review and receive approvals, tender and award the construction contracts, imho groundbreaking is much more likely to take place well into 2014.

In more personal experience - I pass by the marketing suite on my way to and from work. The couple of times I have dropped in to ask to see their what they have - the scale model and project plans, etc., I have been told that it is Friends and Family, and Agents only, so (in polite terms) please F.O. People like myself - the great unwashed (a bit of sarcasm here)- are going to let in at some later date. Given that approach and attitude in the marketing program, it will be interesting to see how the sales go once the initial marketing launch passes.

Try swinging by the sales center now, they're open to the public.

They did a great job with the sales center.

For those discussing timing - I work in the building (we're one of a few remaining tenants), and have been told that we'll be in the building until at least January 2014.

For those discussing timing - I work in the building (we're one of a few remaining tenants), and have been told that we'll be in the building until at least January 2014.

Good news, and hopefully this proposal will die before they deface the Westinghouse building for this unfortunate development. I still lament the loss of the beautiful stacked boxes design.

Back