Toronto Karma Condos | 165.8m | 50s | Lifetime | a—A

It's starting to look *awfully* arbitrarily high-rise dense around there. Let's not give Edward Glaeser urban carte blanche, huh...

If it's Glaeser you're looking to glaze, it's worth noting his training at Harvard. The GSD's propensity for Koolhaus-esque shop-till-ya-drop-style urbanism and insistence on a 'super'-urban form would probably support a 104-storey 52 Grenville featuring an expansion of the mall under the Eaton building to the south. No?

It looks like this one will be stamped and make its way through the planning process, considering the next public meeting is at City Hall, not in the neighbourhood. In any case, it appears they listened to the public a little bit (added 3 bedroom units, added more retail along Grenville, there is more bike parking and less vehicle parking), although it it still at 52s.

Next public meeting:

Tuesday, October 4
10 am
Committee room 1, 2nd floor, City Hall

Details:
52s incl 3 storey podium (density of 24x the lot area)
Total height to the top of the mechanical penthouse is 169.90 meters (557.4 ft)

Retail to be located in the heritage building and at street level along Grenville. The heritage building on site will be preserved.

494 units:
25 Bachelor (5%)
292 one-bedroom (60%)
121 two-bedroom (25%)
49 three-bedroom (10%)

175 parking spaces (#incl 29 commercial parking and 8 car share spaces) in seven levels of
498 bicycle parking spaces

I still don't get the retail. This is almost mid-block on a street with very little foot traffic.

I think it will work in the long term. This will be a nice nook for a little restaurant. If I'm not mistaken, the city, in a rather forward thinking move in my opinion, is looking at adding some retail there along St. Luke's Lane, which as a downtown denizen you know turns into St. Nicholas.

This is all great news that this is going ahead, the retail and at 52s. It's a great location for a building of this height and I like the 3 bedroom additions too.

There's quite a bit of opposition in the neighbourhood to this. Those of you who want to offer support need to attend the Grenville council meeting on October 4th. Committee room 1 on the second floor of City Hall (100 queen st west) sometime after 10:00am.

There's quite a bit of opposition in the neighbourhood to this. Those of you who want to offer support need to attend the Grenville council meeting on October 4th. Committee room 1 on the second floor of City Hall (100 queen st west) sometime after 10:00am.

If one lives in the neighbourhood, what's the difference between 52s & say 45s? Let it stay as is, it's a great spot for a highrise.

It looks like this one will be stamped and make its way through the planning process, considering the next public meeting is at City Hall, not in the neighbourhood. In any case, it appears they listened to the public a little bit (added 3 bedroom units, added more retail along Grenville, there is more bike parking and less vehicle parking), although it it still at 52s.

Next public meeting:

Tuesday, October 4
10 am
Committee room 1, 2nd floor, City Hall

Details:
52s incl 3 storey podium (density of 24x the lot area)
Total height to the top of the mechanical penthouse is 169.90 meters (557.4 ft)

Retail to be located in the heritage building and at street level along Grenville. The heritage building on site will be preserved.

494 units:
25 Bachelor (5%)
292 one-bedroom (60%)
121 two-bedroom (25%)
49 three-bedroom (10%)

175 parking spaces (#incl 29 commercial parking and 8 car share spaces) in seven levels of
498 bicycle parking spaces

what strikes me most about this is the lack of outdoor amenity space (0.49 per sqm as opposed to 2.00) and the crazy low parking ratios that this will get approved at. 175 stalls is a low number in and of itself but does not include further reductions for car share (close to 30 stalls) and the 29 commervial/visitor. the net number will be closer to 115 stalls for 427 units. not a bad thing (i actually think it's good) just saying.

Darn it, I hate that buildings get chopped a few floors because the skyscraper geek in me wants taller buildings in the core that will stand out more. The downtown has too many buildings in the 30-49 storey range and I fear parts of the skyline will look like Vancouvers - flatline - like the Ent. district and the area around Murano-Burano.... sigh....

Back