Toronto June Callwood Park | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | gh3

But didn't Sherbourne Commons include the cost of the storm water treatment that is underneath the park? Whereas this has no underground component....

reetard:

Yes, that's why I used it as a rough guide - but what I am saying is that at half the cost (10M) per rata and taking into account the additional structural costs we are still looking at a significant gap in the budget. I think HtO (City funded project) and Sugar Beach (WT) illustrates the difference in quality per budget.

AoD

I didn't think that $2M was enough to carry out the vision here. More like $10M. Hardscaping and labour is very pricey, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. The renderings look gorgeous and unique.

haha, I find in life it's best to not have any expectations of anything or anyone. A few trees and some grass will be an improvement here over dust and mud, so I do expect that :p

Pic taken July 8, 2013

SVpQWfV.jpg

Yes, so frustrating! ^^^ They fence it off, make a big announcement about the park getting underway and then nothing.

Yes, so frustrating! ^^^ They fence it off, make a big announcement about the park getting underway and then nothing.

The City awarded the contract to Mopal Construction) in March and it was noted: "Contract is expected to start on June 1, 2013 and end on December 31 2013 "

It looks like nature is reclaiming that patch of land for free quite nicely actually. A nice meandering path would really be all you would need.

There was a path that allowed people to cross from one section of the neighbourhood to the other -- now that is blocked off thanks to the fence.

^^ I was just about to say the same. Maybe a couple gardens on the the corders/edges with wildflowers and shrubs and voila: a nice green space.

No, soon does not appear to have arrived :(

ETA Sept. 19: Soon has finally arrived. Work has started.

Last edited:

Back