Toronto James Cooper Mansion | ?m | 32s | Tridel | Burka

I am NOT complaining at all, for a Tridel. It's certain a step in the right direction when compared to Verve, Ovation, etc.

AoD

James Cooper Mansion (Tridel)

I don't see anyone mentioning this yet. At the Knights of Columbus building on Sherbourne, very close to St. James Town. Rather derivitive of Lumiere, etc., etc., etc., but all in all not terrible.

JamesCooper.jpg

Here's the buildings behind that will be lost.

Lost1.jpg

Lost2.jpg

Wow, nice tower, but nice old building as well. It's ashame we can't have structures like this disassembled and placed in appropriate new areas.

Why can't they integrate that facade into the project as well? I would think that old facade with windows put into the bricked out openings would do well as the front of the three storey podium. The newer addition doesn't look so great though and could be replaced by the more glassy part of the podium in the rendering. Of course keeping the facade might make Columbus Hall the name of the condo :)

The Tower is okay. The house is a beauty.

But they should not be stuck together.

Wow... I'm actually blown away by this one. It's pretty cool... an old mansion attached to a massive new condo.

This looks really good for a Tridel tower, too. No offense to them-- but definitely a step up from their previous condo projects.

The tower seems like a better fit for the mansion than the K of C hall that's there currently. It kind of reminds me of how they integrated the Oliver Mowat house into the NBS.

Poor Conrad the "handle." He ain't gonna cut too many breaks here.

Wow, nice tower, but nice old building as well. It's ashame we can't have structures like this disassembled and placed in appropriate new areas.

I so agree; I think the tower dwarfs and belittles the Cooper Mansion.

It sure is a step up for Tridel. Walked by Element today and my initial enthusiasm is gone. Nothing special.

Element's one of the outright ugliest buildings from this recent condo boom. The only glimmer of hope is that, since the precast was cracked and broken by the time they put it up, it'll be reno'd sooner rather than later.

Big ad in the new Condo Guide that came out today (inside front cover)....looks pretty good...."grand opening"

Wow, I quite like this one. This is the first I've heard of it. A great addition to that neighbourhood.

------------

From Tridel's website:

Rising majestically above the intersection of Bloor and Sherbourne, James Cooper Mansion has an impressive architectural presence and a superb complement of amenities, including fitness centre, party room and entertainment lounge. We’ve designed our elegant suites and penthouse residences to help you move up in style, with expansive living areas, well-appointed interiors and a fine selection of features and finishes.

Enjoy the convenience of living a mere 150 metres from Sherbourne subway station, parks, Bloor St. shopping, great schools and the vibrant Yorkville corridor.

-----------

building_440.jpg

billiards_440.jpg

gym_440.jpg

lobby_440.jpg

lobby2_440.jpg

masterplan_498.jpg

mansionprices.jpg

Notice that they show only 2 bedroom units. Is this a case of reserving all the 1 bedroom units for the likes of Brad Lamb and friends? (i.e., offer units to real estate investors before Joe Public gets a chance to walk in the sales office).

Look at the prices! Ouch!

for the base one with mortgage thats around 1200-1500 bucks.

Not bad if your payed well.

Back