Toronto JAC Condos | 108.5m | 34s | Graywood | Turner Fleischer

I was wondering why they took so much of it down, seeing as it appears to be largely retained, but I answered my own question by looking back through photos: a fire. A shame since I bet this old house had a lot of beautiful millwork that could've been saved.

Today

IMG_9340.jpeg

IMG_9341.jpeg

IMG_9342.jpeg

This started around the same time as Prime down the street (not including the partial demolition of the heritage house, which had been done earlier), and look where they are now vs Prime. While Prime has a smaller footprint, there's no denying that CentreCourt deliver projects way ahead of other developers. No idea whether that comes at the expense of build quality though ...

This started around the same time as Prime down the street (not including the partial demolition of the heritage house, which had been done earlier), and look where they are now vs Prime. While Prime has a smaller footprint, there's no denying that CentreCourt deliver projects way ahead of other developers. No idea whether that comes at the expense of build quality though ...
You can build fast or you can build well. It's extremely difficult to do both together (though, it should be said, not impossible). One thing to remember with this build is it has a far more complex podium than does Prime.

CentreCourt also happily builds outside of legal hours and just accepts the fines, bad publicity, and antagonistic relationship with the City as 'part of the game'. It's a calculus that will work for a while, but wears the patience of many out.

You can build fast or you can build well. It's extremely difficult to do both together (though, it should be said, not impossible). One thing to remember with this build is it has a far more complex podium than does Prime.

CentreCourt also happily builds outside of legal hours and just accepts the fines, bad publicity, and antagonistic relationship with the City as 'part of the game'. It's a calculus that will work for a while, but wears the patience of many out.

Based on track record (approval timelines, joint ventures, no 3-bedroom requirements) I'd say they have one of the best relationships with the city?

Today. I had some hope for this development after reading an article (may have been posted here) on how much effort was made to preserve and integrate the heritage house following the extensive fire damage. Sadly, it looks like it’s going to be another depressing gray spandrelled Toronto tower, judging from the newly installed windows. I shouldn’t have thought otherwise, it’s a GRAYwood project after all …

IMG_9458.jpeg

IMG_9459.jpeg

How will the heritage building be incorporated to the main building? It is still a free-standing structure.

Back