Toronto INDX Condos | 178.6m | 54s | Lifetime | P + S / IBI

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 2,498
I think the reason that podium slabs are so thick is because they have to support the weight of the limestone ,marble or concrete slab of the fasade of the building. Can you remember when they built the Scotia tower in 80' s. That was built real solid like a fortrest

I can't understand why people hate the sapphire building . I
kind of liked the two cylinder tube look with the ball on the top. If that building was built today ,you would see lot of tourist taking photo's of it because of its uniqueness .

kind of liked the two cylinder tube look with the ball on the top. If that building was built today ,you would see lot of tourist taking photo's of it because of its uniqueness .

its not that I hate the building it just doesn't seem suiting for Toronto, looked more like something you'd find in Dubai or Moscow

I think to understand what you are saying .not square enough for Toronto. I remembered a person posting a comment that there was too many buildings looking like boxes, and that they should call the city boxronto !

The debate on Sapphire is fairly pointless as the developer behind it would have been totally incapable of executing the project even if he'd managed to sell many of the units. It was a well put together rendering / marketing tool and nothing more than that.

Even the rendering wasn't that great. Given the city would never have approved at the proposed height due to shadowing concerns it was a big waste of time and money on everyone's part. Toronto's loss is Hamilton's gain :)

I thought balls always went at the base of the shaft...

Back