Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

From Declan Finucane on InSauga:

Biggest rainstorm in a century was no match for this part of new LRT line in Mississauga

“Mary Fix Creek’s upgrade features 400 metres of reconstructed creek bed with walls built for a 100-year flood,” project leaders said in a post to social media. “It passed major tests during heavy rains this summer, including a one-in-100-year storm. The enhanced system effectively protected the area.”

Maybe some of us took photos of Mary Fix Creek right after the two rainstorms? It'd be interesting to see what the new channel looked like.

IMG_4913.jpeg

As a note, Burnhamthorpe intersection will not be completed until the 1st to the 2nd week of October and a far cry from the September 19 date. Tracks are being installed.

All the northbound lane north of the CP bridge to north of Fairview is paved and marked for striping. Don't if the striping has taken place nor has the traffic been shifted.

Paisley was to see guideway work last week and has yet to started, Most likely they want to finished the road and curb by the firehall first as well finished paving various sections from Paisley to Dundas. Route 4 is on detour now for Paisley.

Major paving is taking place from Dundas to John St for the northbound lane

Form work was in place for Central Pkwy station for the guideway as the station still not pour along with Burnhamthorpe station to allow the guideway to be pour. Southbound is fully poured between CP and Elm and the northbound section for the station when I last saw it.

Sidewalk been poured north of Mary Fix Creek with a large section of sound barrier up to the density building where the tracks will move from the side to the centre.

Work taking place on the extension to the Mary Fix Creek and no idea if it will take place behind the 4 house where it runs now.

Drove past 407/Hurontario today, noticed they had two truck cranes parked around the area. Also appears that they've removed one section of the exposed girders on one side of the road.
From what I have been told, the 3 existing beams will be shifted to the new piers with new ones been place to support the guideway with some being shorter like the southbound ones.

You will find that view at all intersections north of Waltline to the Kingsway

Sept 29
Since it been over a few months that I had a look at the 407 overpass work, took a trip up there today.

What I was told about shifting the existing grinders east turn out to be totally wrong. They have removed all the existing grinders and cut them up on both sides of the 407. This will require 20 new grinders to be place across the 407 for the new guideway, northbound lanes and the ramp to the 407.

They are building new support piers under the existing centre beam support to support the guideway.

They have done compacting on the southside for the ramp to start curb work. By the looks of things they are about to start work on the new northbound curb and road.

Had a looked at Topflight intersection to see if my thought for a fast fix to Burnhamthorpe intersection would work by saw cutting various sections of the intersection to put in the wye connection. Based on what I saw, the Burnhamthorpe northbound track would be cut on both side of the intersection to put in the switches, The same would happen for the southbound track, but would require 2 sections to be remove for the diamonds. Then there was the removal where the curb tracks would have to go from the diamond to the switch. This leave a lot of Burnhamthorpe open in the centre to allow traffic to get around the work area until it finish.

By October 5th, Burnhamthorpe should be back to normal as tracks are in place waiting the first concrete pour to anchor the tracks in place follow by a 2nd pour to top them. Formwork will be strip to allow the backfilling between the guideway and the road. Then it up to the paving crew to mill the road and pave it.

Not in the mood these days to check the corridor or photograph it and did not shot that much today

The guideway base is 100% poured from Central Pkwy to Elm and will be 100% on Monday when the last 200' is pour for the northbound track at Mathew Gates.

Courtney Park Station has the electric box in place with the stripping and station name on it.

Matheson Station has poles up for it

Lot of areas from Eglinton to Topflight in various stages from tracks being place to concrete poured for them with some area seeing no work since the spring. Not one large area is 100% complete including the 401 overpass.

Highway sign support frames laying on the ground at both ramps.

Photos for Aug 29 and Sept 3rd on line

Shot today unedited or tag
DSC00172.JPG
DSC00175.JPG
DSC00212.JPG
DSC00166.JPG
DSC00167.JPG
DSC00218.JPG

I finally got around to shooting the QEW to PC GO station today. Look for those photos this week.

September 29th
This stretch northbound from PC Go to the QEW is just a shitshow. Even with a 4x4 it's getting to the point where I feel I damage the suspension every time I travel this route - even at 30km/h. I can't wait until the lane shift to the west side and new pavement happens. Fortunately, I only have to drive this once or twice a week. I guess it will still be a while since there are still hydro poles in the new asphalt yet to be relocated.

These photos are just straight off memory card. No time for editing anymore and hardly time for flying :(
South to PC GO
1727740470771.jpeg

1727740547136.jpeg

1727740572227.jpeg

1727740846110.jpeg

1727740886956.jpeg

1727740924947.jpeg

Looking north
1727740959287.jpeg

1727741046324.jpeg

1727741073075.jpeg

Hmmm, based upon the above shot it looks like i need to do a gimbal calibration. Getting flashbacks to my old DJI Phantom4 pro days with the tilted horizon!

September 29th
This stretch northbound from PC Go to the QEW is just a shitshow. Even with a 4x4 it's getting to the point where I feel I damage the suspension every time I travel this route - even at 30km/h. I can't wait until the lane shift to the west side and new pavement happens. Fortunately, I only have to drive this once or twice a week. I guess it will still be a while since there are still hydro poles in the new asphalt yet to be relocated.

These photos are just straight off memory card. No time for editing anymore and hardly time for flying :(
South to PC GO
View attachment 600601
View attachment 600602
View attachment 600604
View attachment 600608
View attachment 600609
View attachment 600610
Looking north
View attachment 600611
View attachment 600612
View attachment 600613
Hmmm, based upon the above shot it looks like i need to do a gimbal calibration. Getting flashbacks to my old DJI Phantom4 pro days with the tilted horizon!
I love the panoramas. Thanks Tim!

Look at all of that developable land! 😍
Where are you seeing developable land? Mineola is all detached homes, some of which are pretty expensive. I don't think that'll be changing anytime soon. Actually the residents would probably riot if anyone tried to increase the density in that area.

Where are you seeing developable land? Mineola is all detached homes, some of which are pretty expensive. I don't think that'll be changing anytime soon. Actually the residents would probably riot if anyone tried to increase the density in that area.
They just installed an LRT and have begun to relax the zoning and you believe that nothing will change?

They just installed an LRT and have begun to relax the zoning and you believe that nothing will change?
Just look at Toronto and how the subway hasn't spurred development in some places for 50 years. It all depends on zoning. And Mineola, particularly Mineola West, but increasingly Mineola East as well, is full of wealthy people who will have no desire for intensification in their neighbourhood. You may see some small development facing Hurontario (maybe the plaza with Cousin's, for example) but I think the area will largely remain intact, with development to the south (Port Credit) and north (the Hospital district, Cooksville, Fairview and Square One of course).

Back