Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The article indicates that the track is "out of spec". Is that not the case?
Do you and others have access to the specifications requirements as I don't have them?? If so, please share them so we can see where the track issues are??? I can only go from my background experience to say this was built wrong or needs fixing.

Since these are Alstom Ottawa LRV's that will be running on the line, we have a picture as where those cars stand due to tolerance issues. With the line being straight, there are no curves like Ottawa. other than the 403 WYE area.

We haven't heard anything about tolerance. issues on Finch trackwork and the ties on Hurontario are found all over Europe for LRT's, why issues with Hurontario Trackwork?? I have seen some poor trackwork and it was replaced at a later date..

As for special trackwork issues, the only special trackwork are for switches, diamonds and curve tracks. unless there some thing in the yard and OMSF that I cannot see from the street.

Unless ML has requested changes to the plan as well surprise thing found not in the design drawings along not in the specifications, Mobilinx is responsible to cover the cost of doing things twice or going back after the designer in the UK to cover the cost when there is a big change between 80% and 100% complete drawings where thing have to be rip out and start all over again. Topflight is a good exam example of this where things were done twice due to drawings being wrong..

Not surprised ML hasn't done anything regarding the Loop extension and why Mobilinx when with straight track at Burnhamthorpe than the WYE. What happens down the road as well the cost to put the WYE in, falls on ML shoulders. Same will happen for Steeles Station unless ML comes up with money to cover the extra cost of moving the station to the north side where it should have been on Day One and that can be blamed on Brampton.

There is a photo from Sept 8 where the southbound lanes were torn up as well on Burnhamthorpe and paved as that area was fully repaved last week to open the intersection up. It could have been because the guideway was higher than it was supposed to be, Extra cost for this on Mobilinx shoulders to cover the extra time and cost to do the work.
54063283880_e67b0f705b_b.jpg

This is what I have heard as well from someone who is quite privy to the discussions happening behind the scenes. Metrolinx is expecting 100% compliance whereas these contractors (and the people they’ve hired from overseas) are used to wiggle room.
If that's the case then I'm willing to admit that I've misjudged the precipice of this. I still don't like how Metrolinx has strong-armed them, but even less now given the 100% expectation.

Back