Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

From the Mapping Toronto’s street railways in the TTC era (1921-2016)
at this link.

To think that radial cars used to be able provide rail service in Peel County from 1905 up to the 1920's. The Great Depression put an end to that by 1935. Ever so slowly, rail service is returning, but in a different form.

ttc-streetcars-19231.jpg

Why?

Then maybe this will get extended to Brampton.
For one thing, whether this get's extended further into Brampton has nothing to do with who is going to actually run it....it is, was and always will be a political decision...not an operational one.

I don't spend a lot of time studying Mississauga Transit....but it seems to me that there are not a lot of their local, non express, services running on sub-10 minute frequencies......so I work under the assumption that any merger of the two would result in less service to me.

Has it been said if this LRT will be operated as MiWay Service, Brampton/Zoom Service or something completely different?
Metrolinx hasn't gotten into those details yet but it's certain that it won't be MiWay or Brampton/Züm operating it. I don't think the fact that this is an inter-municipal line has anything to do with it because Hamilton City Council made a kerfuffle over the fact that their LRT won't be operated by HSR either

I'm curious as to what Metrolinx has planned. To me it seems unnecessarily costly to make a different agency for every transit line they plan on funding, with what the branding, customer service, etc. Are they going to centralize all of that to one agency (meaning both the Hurontario and Hamilton LRT would both be hypothetically operated by "Metrolinx LRT" or something) or will they indeed delegate a different agency for each city?

Metrolinx hasn't gotten into those details yet but it's certain that it won't be MiWay or Brampton/Züm operating it. I don't think the fact that this is an inter-municipal line has anything to do with it because Hamilton City Council made a kerfuffle over the fact that their LRT won't be operated by HSR either

I'm curious as to what Metrolinx has planned. To me it seems unnecessarily costly to make a different agency for every transit line they plan on funding, with what the branding, customer service, etc. Are they going to centralize all of that to one agency (meaning both the Hurontario and Hamilton LRT would both be hypothetically operated by "Metrolinx LRT" or something) or will they indeed delegate a different agency for each city?
Or a private operator like bombardier for GO

Canceling it would be a huge mistake. We need real alternatives to bus transport in this busy corridor and a subway is just not practical or needed. Yes, construction will be disruptive (i'm suffering through it now with just the south end utility work) but it will be good for the city and help move a community.

Back