Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

The good - it's walkable from the future LRT. The bad - I doubt the choice was based on public transit accessibility (vs. 401).AoD

Pretty sure the choice was based on getting enough people as possible to quit without requiring to give them severance.

Quick aerial video of the route and its development potential...

Dundas East in Mississauga has way, way more development potential than Hurontario. And ridership is similar to Hurontario. But Metrolinx is pushing for BRT instead of LRT/subway. Too bad.

There won't be residential development allowed along Hurontario between 407 and Matheson due to the airport. Dundas doesn't have that problem.

Dundas East in Mississauga has way, way more development potential than Hurontario. And ridership is similar to Hurontario. But Metrolinx is pushing for BRT instead of LRT/subway. Too bad.

There won't be residential development allowed along Hurontario between 407 and Matheson due to the airport. Dundas doesn't have that problem.

Is Metrolinx pushing for a BRT? From what I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) the most recent consultations really leave the RT mode up in the air between LRT and BRT.

Residential development doesn't generate as much ridership as commercial development.

Is Metrolinx pushing for a BRT? From what I can tell (correct me if I'm wrong) the most recent consultations really leave the RT mode up in the air between LRT and BRT.
Yes they are pushing BRT, as they want one route going from Kipling to Burlington, as well a single seat ride.

There is no place at Kipling for an LRT without having it stop on Dundas thanks to Hydro One. Then an LRT is only good east of Hurontario with the BRT being hard press west of it.

Dundas has a greater potential for development than Hurontario to the point a subway could be built for it up to Hurontario. There been some talk that some residental could happen between 407 and Matheson with great cost for sound proofing.

The problem going from LRT to BRT is where do you do it as we don't know, but the land and area to do it.

The city wants LRT on Dundas.

Interlining could happen at Dundas as well for the Queensway if one got built there as an express line like some want to see. The Queensaway could only go east as far as Sherway since it can't connect to TTC line. The other way it could be TTC line from Sherway to Hurontario and the best option.

There is no place at Kipling for an LRT without having it stop on Dundas thanks to Hydro One.

Why wouldn't it be possible to use the original platform designed-in for the it-never-happened Etobicoke LRT?
20150830-RoughedIn-Kipling.jpg

Why wouldn't it be possible to use the original platform designed-in for the it-never-happened Etobicoke LRT?
20150830-RoughedIn-Kipling.jpg
2 issues here,

1) Will Hydro One allow this as it's passing under their lines??? Don't think so.

2) How do you maintain different fare areas without reducing lost space for TTC riders and getting to the Regional Hub outside of TTC pay area that MT riders will have to use to do so???

2 issues here,

1) Will Hydro One allow this as it's passing under their lines??? Don't think so.

2) How do you maintain different fare areas without reducing lost space for TTC riders and getting to the Regional Hub outside of TTC pay area that MT riders will have to use to do so???

1) Finch West LRT passes under the corridor at Weston/Signet, Hurontario LRT will pass under corridors at the 407 and QEW, and Crosstown above ground at Victoria Park (with more crossings on the Eglinton East & West extensions) so I imagine they're not any kind of interference or safety issue.
2) If it were to get built as LRT, it'll be long after the fare integration question is answered, so physical separation will be a moot point.

2 issues here,

In an ideal world, we would make all our decisions and have one build to accomplish everything we need - subway, mobility hub, LRT, whatever. Otherwise the H1 constraints will doom transit in this location. H1 isn't just being inflexible - there are a lot of pretty important wires at that location.

With Presto, fare-paid areas will be a thing of the past, but you raise a good question about how many tap-on's and tap-off's there will be in one area. Tap off LRT (or bus), tap on subway, tap off subway, tap on LRT, etc......a good case study for the Presto Fare thread.

- Paul

Reactions: rbt
1) Finch West LRT passes under the corridor at Weston/Signet, Hurontario LRT will pass under corridors at the 407 and QEW, and Crosstown above ground at Victoria Park (with more crossings on the Eglinton East & West extensions) so I imagine they're not any kind of interference or safety issue.
2) If it were to get built as LRT, it'll be long after the fare integration question is answered, so physical separation will be a moot point.
Regardless what maybe going on else where, Hydro One will stay the course of not allowing it like they already do. Hydro One is protecting its lands that are lease to TTC for future expansion

Even going with the Presto systems, how do you transfer from the LRT to the Regional Hub freely while in TTC Free pay zone?? See crs1026 comments on this.

The other thing to keep in mind, you will have to make either a 90% or 45% bend right at the west end of the station to get up to Dundas St under the wires, as you have a walkway bridge in the way from the Hub to GO Platform.

End of the day, scrap the Hub, build the extension to Cloverdale and have everything under one roof. Save everyone millions yearly.

I think the stop spacing for the Hurontario LRT is pretty good. I think it'll provide for an appropriate mix of speed and accessibility. The only one I'm not sure about is Matthews Gate and the whole loop thing. But that is MCC so I guess a larger number of stops there makes sense.

I think the stop spacing for the Hurontario LRT is pretty good. I think it'll provide for an appropriate mix of speed and accessibility. The only one I'm not sure about is Matthews Gate and the whole loop thing. But that is MCC so I guess a larger number of stops there makes sense.
Mathews Gates should be at Elm Dr since this is where 3 route runs as well having 3-4 times more ridership. As for the loop, a dumb thing.

I would put a stop on the south side of Burnhamthrope that be used by both the loop and straight run.

With no stop at Fairview or the stop south of it, one hell of a walk from the side street. Central Parkway has as much ridership as Fairview and 2/3rd less than Elm.

Mathews Gates should be at Elm Dr since this is where 3 route runs as well having 3-4 times more ridership. As for the loop, a dumb thing.

I would put a stop on the south side of Burnhamthrope that be used by both the loop and straight run.

With no stop at Fairview or the stop south of it, one hell of a walk from the side street. Central Parkway has as much ridership as Fairview and 2/3rd less than Elm.

What's going to be the length of the platforms though? A three-car trainset could easily fill the space in between Central Pkwy and Elm. And Fairview would be equidistance of such a station and the Cooksville GO stop just to the south so no need for another stop in that area.

Back