Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

This is starting to be visible from the 401..

006C6339-0187-49C6-BE9D-907591A86644-7913-00000C14D6FE03F1.jpg

I believe it fell prey to NIMBYism.

I live right behind Hullmark Center and I would've loved to see the LED advertising go up. This intersection needs to be more lively. At nighttime the brightly lit northwest corner with the new 7-11 and McDonald's looks really out of place, ccompared to the dead Sheppard center on the NE corner and the dark parking lot on the SW.

not exactly the most upbeat weather either.

will have much more variations once Hallmark/Emerald Park/Gibson Square are up. Plus a nice summer day.

Very nice update! I think circular towers (or at least for the south tower) would have looked pretty cool here sitting atop the podium and would go well with the curved corner piece at the intersection.
but WOW! this complex already has a massive presence and the tallest tower isn't even close to topping out yet.
A really great project imo. it's massing is perfect. it always reminds me of the Time Warner Center, especially the curved portion with that massive wall of glass.
The new Yonge-Eglington Centre of NYCC?

This is easily turning out to not only be the best condo north of the 401, but by far the best Tridel has ever done. I hope they at LEAST replicate this quality in 10 York.

Outstanding so far!! Due to the similarity in massing I can't help but compare this to Aura. Aura would look so much better if it had the same glass as the condo tower at Hullmark. The glass is matching up nicely with the curtain wall on the retail portion and looks much higher end than Aura.

View from the corner is alright. The west, south, and east sides are quite forgettable. Typical bland building with spandrel heavy cladding.

Last edited:

Back