Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

It must be the rent if companies are not moving there.

Companies would love the fact that there are three subway stops there and also the most frequent bus routes in the city are all in that area.

The city should put a lower business tax in that area and that would attract businesses.

Memory Road

The intersection was more fun way back when
yongefinchSE.jpg

Now that brings back memories! I grew up two blocks from there, but I moved away 28 years ago. I spent a lot of time in that Doughnut shop. Above that Doughnut shoppe was the Royal Conservatory of Music. My Mom dragged my sister and I there to take accordian lessons. I am not sure whose life we made more miserable that month, our Mom's or the teacher's? Needless to say, we didn't last long.
From that photo, by the looks of the boards on Yonge Street, it looks like that was time they were building the Finch Subway Station.
Also, for anyone else who used to live up there 30, 40 years ago, one of the last remaining stores from that era is closing. Keith's Hobby Shop is moving after 38 years.

From that photo, by the looks of the boards on Yonge Street, it looks like that was time they were building the Finch Subway Station.

Yes that's the Yonge line under construction. The entire length of Yonge from Sheppard to Finch was like this as they built it via cut and cover.

there was an article in today's National Post Homes section, it stated that the two Hullmark towers would be 50 and 35 storeys....so there has been a minor change...the ad also stated that the 50 storey tower would be North York's tallest....:)

five (?) more floors doesn't automatically mean more overall height.

waiting to get updates on this thread from TridelWebmaster ... now that Hullmark Centre has been bumped up by Tridel since Ventus @ Metrogate is delayed

There is a height limit of 100m, which equals for the most part 30 storey's residential.

Can we change the title of this thread to Hullmark Centre, which is the name the development is being marketed under? It's so jumbled right now.

It may have to do with the difference in slab to slab heights between office and residential. 10 storeys of office is pretty much 15 storeys residential, so although it only has 45 storeys, its equivalent to a 50 storey all residential building.

now that Hullmark Centre has been bumped up by Tridel since Ventus @ Metrogate is delayed

Keep in mind though that Hullmark is the driving force behind Hullmark Centre

When the container ship Cosco Busan slammed into one of the legs of the Golden Gate bridge last November, it was left with one of these:

Cosco_Busan_scrape.jpg

Back