Toronto Grid Condos | 157.88m | 50s | CentreCourt | IBI Group

Forgot to upload these at the time; photos taken November 4th, 2017:
20191104_115300.jpg
20191104_115444.jpg

That's pretty bad but someone screwed up somewhere. I had the same issue with a new condo. It lasted a while...not sure 6 weeks long but a while...I'm guessing the pandemic had something to do with the delay. AC issues happen more often than you think.

“I work from home in a corporate job, as many do, and have had to keep my camera off as I appear so hot that it's verging on unprofessional,” Dickey said.

“[I’m] genuinely not trying to be dramatic, but both my roommate and I have felt faint at various stages during the past weeks,” she said.

Not dramatic at all 😂
I've lived in Toronto for 20 years and never had air conditioning. Apart from a few sucky days in the middle of the summer, it's never been an issue. I just got a cheap fan to push the air around when there's no breeze and it usually does the trick. This reads like an Onion article :rolleyes:
that being said, that's exactly the kind of whiney ass, dramatic quote I would have included in my article when I worked in news in another life lol

“I work from home in a corporate job, as many do, and have had to keep my camera off as I appear so hot that it's verging on unprofessional,” Dickey said.

“[I’m] genuinely not trying to be dramatic, but both my roommate and I have felt faint at various stages during the past weeks,” she said.

Not dramatic at all 😂
I've lived in Toronto for 20 years and never had air conditioning. Apart from a few sucky days in the middle of the summer, it's never been an issue. I just got a cheap fan to push the air around when there's no breeze and it usually does the trick. This reads like an Onion article :rolleyes:
that being said, that's exactly the kind of whiney ass, dramatic quote I would have included in my article when I worked in news in another life lol
Living and working in an unbearably hot condo with massive amounts of solar heat gain for days and weeks on end during a pandemic isn't really a laughing matter... A little sympathy couldn't hurt. Unfortunately AC is a critical utility in these condos, especially these days where there are few public, indoor cooled spaces to gather.

You sound like fun. In which kinds of buildings / houses have you lived? Article indicates some of these folks are in south-facing units in a building without balcony shade. It's not too much to expect some degree of livability when you're paying upwards of $4/ft to rent.
lol you're one to talk about fun posts. Older buildings. My current place was built in the 70s and doesn't have centralized AC for the units. Owners install ACs for their units if they wish. An industry insider should know this!
Living and working in an unbearably hot condo with massive amounts of solar heat gain for days and weeks on end during a pandemic isn't really a laughing matter... A little sympathy couldn't hurt. Unfortunately AC is a critical utility in these condos, especially these days where there are few public, indoor cooled spaces to gather.
ImPoRtaNt iSsuEs! Lighten up yall.

I'm surprised that they are still constructing these buildings using centralized heat/AC instead of the per-unit heat pump ones. I presume it's costs?

My condo faces southwest with a lot of glass and so it can get really hot; I'm also a person that doesn't deal with heat that well and sweat easily and so I can definitely commiserate with the people in the article.

lol you're one to talk about fun posts. Older buildings. My current place was built in the 70s and doesn't have centralized AC for the units. Owners install ACs for their units if they wish. An industry insider should know this!

ImPoRtaNt iSsuEs! Lighten up yall.
Your anecdotes are not helping at all here.

Not dramatic at all 😂

I doubt you live 30+ floors up without AC, it's easy to poke fun at their statement but you couldn't pay me enough money work in one of Grid's small units in those conditions. My bf lived in a unit on the 50+ floor for a year and the air circulation in his unit was minimal. Even in the winter on a sunny day that unit would heat up with about 1/3 of the unit west facing, floor to ceiling glass and 50+ floors / units below and around you.

Well surprise surprise, more new condos with failing infrastructure already. This thing's not even 3 years old yet

Can someone explain how this works? I thought all new condos have individual in-suite heat pumps that the user controls. I thought central heating / cooling was only in rental or older buildings.

Back