Richmond Hill Grand Genesis | ?m | 15s | Guizzetti | Aria

Not sure if too many folks would be enthused about buying a condo fronting right onto Yonge without a landscape buffer.

There's is nothing wrong with a well thought out landscaped buffer. Unfortunately, those are too few and too far in between in the GTA compared to say, the GRVD. Why couldn't Empire Place incorporate street related townhouses/live work (allows the option of future retail conversion) with well manicured garden setbacks instead of a fenced in useless grassed area?

What good does a landscaped buffer do you if you're on 3rd floor or higher?

A subway is not a prerequisite for decent site planning.

Agreed, I don't think that a landscape buffer makes a speck of difference above the 3rd floor. The problem in the RH Yonge corridor is that retail is simply not viable (yet and likely for many years) and residential units fronting directly onto Yonge at grade would hugely unappealing. Live/work units might work but it would be a tough sell in this generally suburban setting.

Density is coming to the area but it can't immediately jump from a suburban auto-dominated setting to an entirely urbanized one overnight. If restrictions are too tight it might stifle what is happening naturally. The subway extension will be huge catalyst when it arrives but some are working to get things going before then.

And yes, I don't think anyone would disagree, a subway is not a prerequisite for decent site planning.

Clarification

Guizzetti Developments is Empire Communities -- Dan Guizzetti is the president of Empire Communities. Also Empire has down a few projects in the general area--I remember seeing the application signs for this a while back in front of the OLCO station and I have a buddy of mine that lives on Scott Ave and another one just inside on the bigger lots on Maryvale and surprisingly they are all for it. They understand its Yonge st and they bought there for value and want to see a couple of condos rather than an old gas station.

Please note that Guizzetti Developments is not Empire Communities. Daniel Guizzetti is the president of Empire Communities. Empire being a major real estate developer/builder with over 20 years experience in the residential construction industry in southwestern Ontario and the GTA.
There happens to be another Dan Guizzetti (relative of Daniel) who is involved in the company know as Guizzetti Developments. These two firms are not related.

Please note that Guizzetti Developments is not Empire Communities. Daniel Guizzetti is the president of Empire Communities. Empire being a major real estate developer/builder with over 20 years experience in the residential construction industry in southwestern Ontario and the GTA.
There happens to be another Dan Guizzetti (relative of Daniel) who is involved in the company know as Guizzetti Developments. These two firms are not related.

Oh. Thats confusing. Thanks for the info.

Please note that there is NO Dan Guizzetti involved in Guizzetti Developments Inc.

Please try and get Your facts straight before writing on this blog ( Thank You !! ).

The above blogger is correct that Empire Communities is not Guizzetti Developments Inc. The Founder and President of Guizzetti Developments Inc. is Stefano Guizzetti. Guizzetti Develoments Inc. being a major real estate developer, who is presently developing over one million square feet of residential and commercial property in Richmond Hill alone.

Stefano Guizzetti's Father Giovanni Guizzetti was the original Guizzetti to settle in Richmond Hill, and the Family has been earning it's respect in the transportation, real estate, and even wine making industries for over fifty years in Southern Ontario, and especially in the beautiful Town Of Richmond Hill.

So the world is really a big spinning G? That's our grand genesis? That's hilarious!

And to think it happened at Yonge & Edger. (It's Edgar, idiots.)

No comments on this project for some time; there is a large wall of brown hoarding surrounding the site and all of the old buildings and former garage gas station uses seem to have been removed.

There is a two or three storey structure that appears to be a new sales office that was started in the fall, but has remained in the same state for months. It is difficult to tell for certain from outside the hoarding.

Does anyone know the status of this work?

Update from today--the hoarding is blue, not brown...Nyk Drne

Last edited:
I can answer my own post above now; the hoarding was all down this morning and the sales office on the site appears much more complete than before.

The rest of the site appeared to be bare earth with only one or two pieces of equipment. As this was the site of a former body shop, truck repair shop and gas station, there was probably much environmental remediation before any work could begin in earnest, regardless of advance sales.

The sign has been changed to add the name, "Glass Couture" to the Grand Genesis name; a couple of real estate sites have ads for it.

These condos are going to sell like hotcakes, with the amount of hype its getting in the Chinese community.

Last edited:
http://grandgenesis.com/

gg1ry.jpg

gg2u.jpg

It looks like everything else int he neighbourhood tbh. I went to highschool just down the street, and back then all the towers going up all had the same elements/ amenities and look.

Yes they are adding density, but I'd prefer to have something more like what is in Markham Centre than this generic stuff.

Back