Toronto Grand Central Mimico | ?m | 37s | VANDYK | Kohn

Grand Central Mimico:

1602190071446.png

1602190244495.png

1602190261920.png

Putting up marketing signage first is normal. Although work won't start right away until they have sales and permits in place.

VANDYK Properties is master-planning a new transit-tailored community called Grand Central Mimico in the Toronto suburb of Etobicoke.

The project is located in The Mimico Triangle area of south Etobicoke, which has been recognized as a priority regeneration area by the City of Toronto. VANDYK is the majority landowner of the 55-acre site, with Freed Developments also holding a significant stake.

VANDYK started assembling its properties in the area from different existing landowners in 2017 and received the final rezoning approvals for its mixed-use development plan late last year. Vice-president and managing director of real estate Sherman Chan said the Mississauga-based company’s aggregate land acquisition cost for the Grand Central Mimico assembly was approximately $150 million.

----------

Plans for Grand Central Mimico​

The privately owned real estate development and investment management company, founded by president and chief executive officer John Vandyk, plans for 2.5 million square feet of development for the site, which will be built in three phases.

It will span more than four city blocks and include nine towers, anchored by more than 1.85 million square feet of new residences.

The first phase will include: 765 condominium units; approximately 20,000 square feet of retail space, including an urban grocery store and restaurants; and approximately 30,000 square feet of office space. The commercial components will be in a podium underneath the residences.

Decisions are still being made about suite mixes, sizes, pricing and internal amenities. VANDYK is building a presentation centre it hopes to open in late January or February to launch condo sales.

The second and third phases will also be mixed-use, primarily residential, with 2,500 condo units and a new Mimico GO Transit station.

“There will be a green way that traverses people to and from this new neighbourhood in Mimico and connects them to other neighbourhoods like Mystic Point and the commercial area off of Royal York,” said Chan. “People are looking for a little bit more space and that’s an offering that we can provide here.”

That's a vast increase in capitalization compared w/their earlier projects, or so it seems to me.

Over 3,200 units!

And a 150M spend on land acquisition alone!

Surprisingly small foot print, at least that I can discern, about 3.3ha or ~ 8 acres

Last edited:
That's a vast increase in capitalization compared w/their earlier projects, or so it seems to me.

Over 3,200 units!

And a 150M spend on land acquisition alone!

Surprisingly small foot print, at least that I can discern, about 3.3ha or ~ 8 acres

Making mountains out of molehills in Mimico. ;)

I'm looking forward to the sprawl being redeveloped between this site and HBS. With First Capital's proposal, HBS and Mimico can become one super cluster. *density freak on🤪*
South Etobicoke, soon to be the Centre of the Centre of the Universe! Rock!!!

Back