Toronto Grand Central Mimico | ?m | 37s | VANDYK | Kohn

Oops. my little one hit Post Reply a little early ;)
1674049995605.jpeg

1674050016342.jpeg

1674050034943.jpeg

I hope they also have plans to improve some of the infrastructure in the area. Unfortunately, the majority of residents in the area drive and with no walkable TTC station or bus loop in the area; thousands of people coming in and out of a two lane Royal York Road is giving me pre-anxiety for the area.

I hope they also have plans to improve some of the infrastructure in the area. Unfortunately, the majority of residents in the area drive and with no walkable TTC station or bus loop in the area; thousands of people coming in and out of a two lane Royal York Road is giving me pre-anxiety for the area.
The only planned infrastructure changes are to increase GO service with electrification of the Lakeshore West line in the coming years, add Park Lawn GO station and move the Humber Loop there, and connect up the two pieces of Legion Road under the rail corridor.

Another article about Vandyk.

As this article is paywalled currently, here are some notes from the article. There are apparently (according to the article and credit reports) current liens of $800,000 on Grand Central Mimico, The Backyard Condos in Etobicoke - $12 million allegedly owing on this unfinished project, Uptowns at Heart - $9 million in construction liens. Plus multiples of pre-construction sold and uncompleted units. Plus financing loans - $166 million on Mimico, and three sperate loans on the Uptown site - $45.7 million, $68.7 million and $140 million. Messy, messy, messy.

Vandyk Properties Facing Receivership Over $203M Debt

Back