Toronto Gramercy Park Condos | ?m | 12s | Malibu Investments | P + S / IBI

I agree that this building is looking good.

On another note though, my sister's Phase 2 condo occupancy date got pushed back YET AGAIN. New date: January 2013. It seems the developers are way behind schedule on this one. I heard they were having trouble selling their bigger units. It's a shame, because some of the upper-level units have giant terraces! Good value but shitty location I guess.

On another note though, my sister's Phase 2 condo occupancy date got pushed back YET AGAIN. New date: January 2013. It seems the developers are way behind schedule on this one. I heard they were having trouble selling their bigger units. It's a shame, because some of the upper-level units have giant terraces! Good value but shitty location I guess.

If you are talking about 9 Tippet Rd site as phase 2, 2016 will most likely be occupancy date. If not, based on what I saw on my last visit, January 2013 is being tight for the last tower.

If Downsview Park had been developed by now and completed it would be a very good location p- that and of course subway and highway near by

If Downsview Park had been developed by now and completed it would be a very good location p- that and of course subway and highway near by

The only thing that will ever be developed at Downsview Park are houses. What has been accomplished in that so called park in the last 16 years - NOTHING. I use to think it will be too late for my son to take advantage of what Downsview Park was suppose to be but perhaps grandkids. But now scratch that out also.

The only thing that will ever be developed at Downsview Park are houses. What has been accomplished in that so called park in the last 16 years - NOTHING. I use to think it will be too late for my son to take advantage of what Downsview Park was suppose to be but perhaps grandkids. But now scratch that out also.

with the government now taking the promise of the park back there will be even more development. It has taken forever but there will not be houses. All the plans showed midrise condos and townhomes. If anything there will be even more units then before. Who knows, twice as much? But there will not be houses. The Government is about to cash in on a huge cash cow.

http://urbantoronto.ca/news/2011/01/sustainable-neighbourhoods-planned-downsview-park

If the city ever makes midrise construction applications easier and less costly this area will boom in no time.

Quite a handsome project.

As others have mentioned, a second phase is in the works here (at 9 Tippett) as is a second phase for Station Condos across the street. Both and other surrounding plots of land are all subject to a Tippett Road Regeneration study now under way at City Planning, considering the switch from commercial to residential on these lands.

Some shots of the site from yesterday, with particular emphasis on Linda Covit's Light Containers.

P1340970.jpg

P1340973.jpg

P1340964.jpg

P1340968.jpg

P1340974.jpg

P1340975.jpg

P1340977.jpg

P1340976.jpg

Attachments

• P1340970.jpg
    P1340970.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,056
  • P1340973.jpg
    P1340973.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,051
  • P1340964.jpg
    P1340964.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,015
  • P1340968.jpg
    P1340968.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 1,042
  • P1340974.jpg
    P1340974.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 1,044
  • P1340975.jpg
    P1340975.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,032
  • P1340977.jpg
    P1340977.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,027
  • P1340976.jpg
    P1340976.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,061
Last edited:
It looks much better than those sterile condos with black tinted glass built at the northwest corner of Sheppard and the Allen. The facade stands out even though it doesn't have any particularly sophisticated features.

Its a little disappointing they cut the office project that was suppose to be behind this phase.

They tried marking it as well, I guess there was no demand.

Anyone know if there will ever be any retail in this building? Haven't seen any work on the storefront units since people started moving in, is this going to be a retail deadzone?

There are many more condos proposed in the area. The units will gradually lease as the area's population grows. It could take several years though before it's totally leased out.

Back