Toronto George Brown College: Limberlost Place | 52.5m | 10s | George Brown | Moriyama Teshima Architects

Which of the four finalist design teams' concept do you prefer?

• Moriyama & Teshima Architects + Acton Ostry Architects

• Patkau Architects + MJMA

• Provencher Roy + Turner Fleischer

• Shigeru Ban + Brook McIlroy

Results are only viewable after voting.
I hope the wood elements stay unexposed/uncovered. It adds some much needed warmth to the podium. I really like the bronze cladding on this building but wish there was more of it, and more exposed wood, at the ground realm, because as it stands, despite some attractive cladding above the ground realm, this building, along with T3 Bayside, are going to continue the sterile ground realm theme (massive sheets of glass) from the Corus building and the Innovation Center (the Sugar Wharf and One Yonge projects also look like the architect decided not to show up to work on the day he was supposed to design the ground floor facade). I don't mean to be overly critical as there is a lot to like here, but I just wish they would put more thought into the ground realm (Alex Bozikovic has won me over to his thinking on this). I'm hopeful that Aqualuna does something at the ground realm beyond just sheets of glass

2 July.

IMG_2955.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg
IMG_2957.jpeg

this wasn't my favorite of the design submissions when they tendered years back, but happy to say it's turning out amazing. Good thing I didn't get a vote. HA. I think this is going to be a beautiful building.

I still lament that they didn't choose the amazing Brook McIlroy and Shigeru Ban design, but it's turning out much better than expected. I wish someone would make the Shigeru Ban design a reality elsewhere in the city. It would be quite the landmark.

Last edited:
Love the materials here... but that steel-framed peak looks woefully short compared to the soaring rendering.

Is there more (higher) steel still to come or has this been V-E'd and chopped?

Love the materials here... but that steel-framed peak looks woefully short compared to the soaring rendering.

Is there more (higher) steel still to come or has this been V-E'd and chopped?
Noticed that too. The top peak does look significantly shorter than the rendering and it doesn't look like there's much room left to add to it :confused:

For those worried that the peak isn't making quite as strong an impression yet as it does in the renderings, I suspect it'll look more impressive when the portion facing Sherbourne Common is finished. Right now the setback makes it look smaller than it really is. That combined with the perspectival distortion in the renderings probably explains the difference. If you look at renderings like the one below, you can see that the height of the peak is about three floors above the flat roof on the north side of the building, which seems to match what we're seeing.

31638-95497.jpeg

Back