Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

Any time I've walked past these, I am in awe at how cheap they look. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Unrelenting black and white aluminum and glass. Dark, hulking, cold, and sterile. Our city deserves better, particularly at a location like this next to Fort York.

Any time I've walked past these, I am in awe at how cheap they look. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Unrelenting black and white aluminum and glass. Dark, hulking, cold, and sterile. Our city deserves better, particularly at a location like this next to Fort York.

It's in line with the crap in liberty village.

IMG_8321.JPG
IMG_8361.JPG
IMG_8362.JPG
IMG_8363.JPG
IMG_8416.JPG

Really? To me they look more luxurious than any of the other buildings near by, and that includes anything in Liberty Village (except maybe Toy Factory Lofts), and most all on King in the Entertainment district, including Charlie, MV5, Bisha, and the rest..... I'd love to hear a handful of non-cheap condos you are comparing to and explain why you feel they are less cheap looking? Personally, it would help me as I consider my next real estate purchase..... (of which Garrison Point is a top contender)

I'd love to hear a handful of non-cheap condos you are comparing to and explain why you feel they are less cheap looking? Personally, it would help me as I consider my next real estate purchase..... (of which Garrison Point is a top contender)
You need only look across the street at ZEN King West, where there's no grey spandrel to speak of, the glazing is of high quality, and the material palette is crisp and minimal. The rest of Liberty Village is pretty much unrelenting dreck, architecturally speaking, but if you're including broader King West/entertainment district, oneeleven, Kingly, Fashion House, Brant Park, most of the stuff on Camden, Tableau, etc., are all leagues ahead of these buildings.

You need only look across the street at ZEN King West, where there's no grey spandrel to speak of, the glazing is of high quality, and the material palette is crisp and minimal. The rest of Liberty Village is pretty much unrelenting dreck, architecturally speaking, but if you're including broader King West/entertainment district, oneeleven, Kingly, Fashion House, Brant Park, most of the stuff on Camden, Tableau, etc., are all leagues ahead of these buildings.
Yeah, some of those are nice to look at, but I think we have different tastes. Fashion house is an eye soar. Zen is ok, not great, and debatable if it's more stunning than GP 1/2. I like Kingly. I like Brant Park too. Tableau, yeah beautiful. Those are definitely outliers in a city of drab looking condos. My point is that Garrison Point is coming along well, the detailing is starting to look good, and it's an order of magnitude better in design than most of the drab condos going up in the area in my opinion.

Yeah, some of those are nice to look at, but I think we have different tastes. Fashion house is an eye soar. Zen is ok, not great, and debatable if it's more stunning than GP 1/2. I like Kingly. I like Brant Park too. Tableau, yeah beautiful. Those are definitely outliers in a city of drab looking condos. My point is that Garrison Point is coming along well, the detailing is starting to look good, and it's an order of magnitude better in design than most of the drab condos going up in the area in my opinion.
Given how much the developer was selling it for, back in 2013 and the construction cost they are paying now...
It's a decent quality condo building
Btw they even paint the underside of the balcony slab white (which is rare in liberty village) to reflect the white aluminium fritting

What's the point of the diagonal pieces spanning the balconies when the facets have been flattened out to non-existence? The diagonals were supposed to mark the change in the angle of the thin members screening the balconies but this doesn't appear to have been realized. Yet the diagonals remain...

Last edited:
Ya that part is bothering the heck out of me waiting for that triangular shape to be more pronounced those lines within the triangle shape are distracting from it.

Back