Toronto Garrison Point | 118.56m | 35s | Cityzen | Hariri Pontarini

The Front Street extension died when the cost of building it was estimated.

Not sure what you mean re: no pedestrian bridge. There will be bridges going in across the tracks to the north and south, and on the south side, the bridge will connect to the trail through CityPlace's North Linear Park, so bicyclists and pedestrians won't have to cross another street until the get to Blue Jays Way, and across that street they can continue on towards the SkyWalk and PATH network.

What the area does need is rapdintransit service, wither from GO RER or the DRL line, or both.

Pics taken Dec 21, 2014

Noticed cops like to meet up here with their cars in the little side alleys and chat. And here I was taking pics.

T2886hJ.jpg

c45mTc5.jpg

MVB6qmG.jpg

Attachments

• T2886hJ.jpg
    T2886hJ.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,594
  • c45mTc5.jpg
    c45mTc5.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,546
  • MVB6qmG.jpg
    MVB6qmG.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 2,527
Pics taken Dec 21, 2014

Noticed cops like to meet up here with their cars in the little side alleys and chat. And here I was taking pics.

Often seen as a suspicious activity!!!

It seems the cops are still drawn here long after the police garage decamped.

Cops meeting with their cars positioned driver side to driver side are almost always on shift change. It does look sketchy, but it is just a standard part of their day.

Too many cop/crime drama shows on my part.

I worked at Canada Malting (grain silos at the foot of Bathurst) back in the 80's during the summers. Every morning you'd get one police car parked in the back facing the lake where Ireland Park is today. Seems they liked to hide there waiting for their shift to end. One day one of the older workers (who had a grudge with the cops - too many DUI's i think) called the police on them. A supervisor car showed up soon after the call. We never saw another police car in that spot after that day.

There will be bridges going in across the tracks to the north and south, and on the south side, the bridge will connect to the trail through CityPlace's North Linear Park.......

Where does the park and this pedestrian bridge fall into the planning and construction phases of this project? After the completion of all 5 buildings?

Thanks.

A Quick update. The expedia sign has been dismantled and scrapped, the other billboards on the east end of the site are still up, not sure if they are on this property or not, the building beside Strachan on the north west corner of the property now houses a kids museum so might be a few years before that building gets redeveloped.

image.jpg
The building the pin on it is currently being demolished. About a quarter of the building has been taken down

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 1,100
Last edited by a moderator:
Sigh, can we go back in time and build the Front St Extension?

Seriously though this development is just just going to put the cherry on the top of the failed Liberty Village development. I have nothing against the developers because these buildings will be quite striking, but this is just a disaster in the making. The city should have kept a ROW to allow for the future provision for the extension. But instead we pay $5 million to do a study on a study for Waterfront Toronto, rip up X street 3 times in the same year, etc...

This may be slightly OT, but does anyone know what is with the massive earth berms on Strachan? Is that strip of land going to be developed at all?

There will actually be two buildings east of the one currently under construction. LC2 and another, yet unannounced, building right on the corner to the east of that.

Ah I see, thanks. That's going to take a long time to dig down, there's quite a lot of earth there.

Back