Toronto Galleria III | 112.4m | 31s | Almadev | Hariri Pontarini

This is unusual:
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 11.35.38 PM.png

Also really reminds me of Woodward's in Vancouver. Maybe a bit too much? Could it be a coincidence that both buildings have a similar flatiron form, curved corners, metal balcony guards, a projecting canopy at the top, and some kind of vertical filigreed panels?

Compare (via https://henriquezpartners.com/projects/woodwards/):
henriquez-partners-woodwards-3.jpg

henriquez-partners-woodwards-4.jpg

It looks like it took inspiration of it, as there are some clear differences. So I don't think there's anything wrong with that, per say.

...in the end though, it doesn't appear we'll be ending up with another glass box with this.

I assume someone's playing fast-and-loose with perspective, and the City isn't actually planning to widen the sidewalk on the north-west corner of Dufferin and Dupont? The (quite lovely, mind you) rendering has about tripled the amount of pedestrian space.

Looks nice so far. Question is what will it look like when they start construction?

If the brick, glass, and wood canopy end up looking even half as good as they do in that render, this is going to be a winner.

Don't bet on it. That wooden thing will be the first to go, and next will be the angled brick.
I hope you are wrong. Not because I find you or your assessment offensive - I think you're right. I just hope for the sake of all of us, you are very wrong. >.<

Back