Toronto Galleria 01 & 02 | 92.65m | 29s | Almadev | Core Architects

20230326_101315.jpg
20230326_101329.jpg

It's still there?

*Quietly hopes that the answer will be, "Yes, they're retaining it for heritage purposes! And there is a just deity after all!"*
I can confirm that it's still alive and kicking since I use it 5 times a week! It's a rather quirky building in terms of layout, and I'll miss its distinctively 70s flavour when it's gone, but I'm pretty sure it won't be closed until the new CC is complete, which is still quite a ways away.

Yeah, IIRC the whole Galleria development was supposed to be phased such that the area won't be without a rec centre, a drugstore and a supermarket, ie, those spaces wouldn't close until their replacements were ready. (I also will deeply miss the rec centre, not that I work out there, but it's an incredibly charming building)

I never really used the community centre but I kinda grew up a bit in the area (stayed at my grandparents place during the day when my parents were at work, before going to kindergarten)... I have fond memories of that community centre and its architecture. I really like this whole galleria redevelopment, but I wish they kept some of the old community centre. It has such charm, especially that archway.

I grew up with the Wallace Emerson CC, living a bit north of there. That's where I learned to swim and ice skate. Although I've only used it as a kid in elementary school, there's also a hill on the interior of the park that's good for tobogganing. :)

Back