Toronto Galleria 01 & 02 | 92.65m | 29s | Almadev | Core Architects

Visible from the City Hall observation deck, taken today:

1A.JPG

Bad news. My application for Galleria 1 and 2 affordable housing has been turned down due to low and insufficient income. So I won't be living in the new condos at Dufferin and Dupont area.

How do you mean? Shouldn't a lower income make one more likely to get an affordable unit?
Bad news. My application for Galleria 1 and 2 affordable housing has been turned down due to low and insufficient income. So I won't be living in the new condos at Dufferin and Dupont area.

How do you mean? Shouldn't a lower income make one more likely to get an affordable unit?
That's right. But I got a low paying job currently and I didn't provide the proper documents for them, like this:

We appreciate your interest in the affordable housing units at Galleria on the Park and your effort in submitting the required documentation and application.

After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that your application will not be proceeding further. Unfortunately, your application was not accepted as it either did not meet the minimum screening criteria of the Landlord or you were not eligible based on the criteria set by the City of Toronto Eligibility screening process for considering a lease offer at this time.

We understand that this news may be disappointing, and we want to express our gratitude for your interest in our community.

Regards

Galleria on the Park

Affordable Housing

To be clear, affordable housing means "discount housing" in many circles. If one is looking something here with an RGI program attached to it (ie. true affordable housing), you'll be SOL...

...and you'll still likely need to be above the poverty line to apply to anything here. Sorry for your troubles. /sigh

Back