Toronto Freed Hotel & Residences | 219m | 63s | Freed | AS + GG

They'll probably chop it down to 60 storeys or less !

Can we please stop w/this.

Aside from the statement being speculative and meant to bash City Planning as if they were somehow evil...............

The implicit statement is that 60 storeys would somehow be unreasonably short.

That's simply ridiculous on its face.

You can prefer what you wish, and if you want only buildings at a minimum height of 200 storeys, so be it.

But please don't suggest it's somehow unreasonable if the rest of us don't concur; or City Planning actually does its job.

I think if they want to build at 68 storeys or higher they should earn it. By creating an astetically pleasing tower with perks for the tenants . Not an all glass blue, green, black and white cut and paste looking tower. Or donate some funds to the rail deck park development to help kick start it.

Here is a render showing a generic 222 metre tower on the site:

Toronto Model 12-09-20 240 Adelaide W.png

Zoomed out:

Toronto Model 12-09-20 Downtown.png

Any expertise on whats the chance of this one getting chopped to 157m. Like is there any park or any public place that it will cast the shadow on?

Any expertise on whats the chance of this one getting chopped to 157m. Like is there any park or any public place that it will cast the shadow on?

Northern Light's most recent post for your reference:

Can we please stop w/this.

Aside from the statement being speculative and meant to bash City Planning as if they were somehow evil...............

The implicit statement is that 60 storeys would somehow be unreasonably short.

That's simply ridiculous on its face.

You can prefer what you wish, and if you want only buildings at a minimum height of 200 storeys, so be it.

But please don't suggest it's somehow unreasonable if the rest of us don't concur; or City Planning actually does its job.

I'm not bashing city or I'm not saying it should be 200 stories, I'm just asking if there is a public place that could be affected by this?

That’s a more recent development however. Originally it was anything west of Simcoe had to be 157m more or less. Theatre Park is 157m for that reason. Mirvish broke it first then Allied broke it again, sort of setting the standard that stuff east of Duncan was ok to be taller.

400 Front has now blown the whole thing out of the water basically anyway, but the city probably won’t want to admit it.

Last edited:
That’s a more recent development however. Originally it was anything west of Simcoe had to be 157m more or less. Theatre Park is 157m for that reason. Mirvish broke it first then Allied broke it again, sort of setting the standard that stuff easy of Duncan was ok to be taller.

400 Front has now blown the whole thing out of the water basically anyway, but the city probably won’t want to admit it.

Leave it to @innsertnamehere to nickname East of Duncan as the 'The Big Easy'.

The temporary gold and white tower that Koops created in the photos up above . Actually gives some warmth to the Entertainment District breaking away from that Bluegreen look that dominates.

Back