Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Is it just me, or are many people seeing gray bands on most of Caltrane's photos, and some of Anroiduk's?

Yikes! 42!!! Time to book an appointment with your ophthalmologist.... Or maybe just time for a new wide-screen LCD monitor. Teeheee

I look at a lot of Cal's pictures over at SSP and hadn't noticed so far, but I'll pay closer attention and get back to you.

:)

Here's interesting report from Citi Private Bank and Knight Frank. Toronto is #10.

The World's Most Valuable Real Estate Markets: Knight Frank, Citi (PHOTOS)
Huffington Post | Ryan McCarthy First Posted: 03-30-10 08:30 AM | Updated: 03-30-10 10:31 AM

After a historic real estate crash, we're all understandably wary about investing in property. For those in the position to spend serious amounts of money on property, however, the world's great cities seem to have lost little of their luster.

With the markedly affluent buyer in mind, Knight Frank and Citi Private Bank have put together an in-depth look at the world's most attractive real estate markets. Their annual Global Wealth Report ranks the world's leading cities on several factors, including economic activity, political power (always a plus for the rich buyer), knowledge and influence (who wouldn't want more of that?) and quality of life.

The result is a composite look at the cities that will be attracting the biggest share of high-net worth individuals -- 71 percent of whom, according to the Global Wealth Report's survey, say 2010 will be a good year to invest in real estate.

With that mild bit of reassurance in mind, check out the world's most valuable real estate markets below:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/30/the-worlds-most-valuable_n_518209.html

Last edited:
Yikes! 42!!! Time to book an appointment with your ophthalmologist.... Or maybe just time for a new wide-screen LCD monitor. Teeheee

I look at a lot of Cal's pictures over at SSP and hadn't noticed so far, but I'll pay closer attention and get back to you.

:)

Hmm, well, I can assure you it's neither an ophthalmological problem nor monitor related: I'm wondering if Bell is clocking my downloads, and some slower-loading pics are bonking because of that... and I'm wondering if that's happening to anyone else.

Here's interesting report from Citi Private Bank and Knight Frank. Toronto is #10.

The World's Most Valuable Real Estate Markets: Knight Frank, Citi (PHOTOS)
Huffington Post | Ryan McCarthy First Posted: 03-30-10 08:30 AM | Updated: 03-30-10 10:31 AM

<snip>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/30/the-worlds-most-valuable_n_518209.html

So all of that is a teaser really. The gist of the article is that the Huffington Post currently ranks the most valuable markets thusly:

11th Chicago
10th Toronto "The Wealth Report cites a variety of factors that contribute to tenth-ranked Toronto's extraordinary quality of life, including clean air and an outdoor lifestyle unusual among large cities. "
9th through 1st who cares, we're ahead of Chicago

Is it just me, or are many people seeing gray bands on most of Caltrane's photos, and some of Anroiduk's?

This happens sometimes. Usually it's due to corruption in the data transmission that couldn't be corrected for whatever reason. It can also be caused by bad memory sectors on your computer, but the 1st one is more likely. I find that when it does happens it happens quite a bit.

Today, April 1, 2010:

4483025262_f8bc61eb1d_b.jpg

And for comparison,

August 28, 2009
3865662703_0451065233_b.jpg

February 25, 2009
3310436686_a6e942b136_b.jpg

Brilliant photos/updates! :D the more i see this thing the more i like it! That glass is just spot on!
its nice to see an aerial shot once in a while to see the progress and where things are gonna go! :D
This thing is rising fast! :D

I have been wondering for a long time, why is the smaller East Tower not being constructed at this time? Are they waiting until the main tower is complete?

Podium levels of Tower one first, then they start the above ground work on Tower two. The foundation has been built but I guess the steel frame is intricate, so they will complete this first before going skyward on two.

It feels like they've cleaned up the footprint of tower 2 a bit, and it seems like there's more rebar there now than there used to be. There's still a couple trailers there, but I think they might be starting that tower in the next few weeks.

It's also worth walking by the podium for anyone that hasn't in awhile. They've added a lot of steel, and now you can start to get a feeling for the scale of the structure and the spaces within. I think those ballrooms are going to become a signature space in the city.

I wonder if Menkes owns the site where the 4$ sales office is located? Would make for a nice 15-20 storey aA building, perhaps tied into the beautiful old homes on the corner. Interesting how in greenleaf's photo, the Florian is clearly visible a mere cannon shot away, yet walking by feels like Siberia compared to 4S's Yorkville proper location.

Back