Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Must be nice to have Foster design a patio for you

Would have been even nicer to have F+P design the tower - but thankfully that's just up and down the street. Speaking of that - the landscape work for this project actually extends along Bay all the way to Scollard - and of course 50 Scollard is another F+P project with significant amount of Bay frontage as well.

AoD

Last edited:
Should help reduce the wind off the tower as well. It's particularly windy here thanks to the flat facade and minuscule tower setback.

Should help reduce the wind off the tower as well. It's particularly windy here thanks to the flat facade and minuscule tower setback.

Hopefully, the patio canopy is permanent and meant to address winds at street level year round. The combination of the bunker-like podium and the excessive winds at street level make this building unpleasant at street level in the winter time.

Sunset tonight.
4496D521-D6F4-4F69-8FEC-E2F731C3A5AB.jpeg

Attachments

• 4496D521-D6F4-4F69-8FEC-E2F731C3A5AB.jpeg
    4496D521-D6F4-4F69-8FEC-E2F731C3A5AB.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 1,410
Great investigative report. A must read.

Is it? I don't really get the point. So some buyers here lost money. Wouldn't be the first condo investors to do so. Maybe the Four Seasons was sold at a higher rate than what the market rate was at the time because of the brand name and the buyers got burned.

And spotlighting some of the buyers led to nothing if you ask me. You'd find the same stories at most other buildings I suspect.

Is it? I don't really get the point. So some buyers here lost money. Wouldn't be the first condo investors to do so. Maybe the Four Seasons was sold at a higher rate than what the market rate was at the time because of the brand name and the buyers got burned.

And spotlighting some of the buyers led to nothing if you ask me. You'd find the same stories at most other buildings I suspect.

I think the story is less "some people lost money" and more "hey, look, Toronto the Good? Actually, there's some super dodgy folks living in some of the most exclusive buildings in the city." In an odd way, to me, it's something of an ignominious marker of Toronto's continued ascension into the stratosphere of global cities -- the wealthy-sketchy nexus tends not to congregate in the Clevelands or the Buffalos, but in the Londons, New Yorks, and Hong Kongs, and the fact that those sorts are congregating in Toronto is interesting in itself.

Back