Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I have no telephoto on me, but was in the area yesterday, and can confirm this is correct. The interesting thing was that from where I was standing, Davenport and Avenue, it will ensure that the mechanical will be covered from that vantage point, which is great imo.

Cool, I'm glad what I saw is what I thought! I saw it from Yonge, south of Wellesley when I was walking up from downtown and it looked the same as you describe from that vantage point too. I put on my telephoto and packed my camera in my knapsack this aft. when I walked the dog but it was just too hot for her so I had to turn around and come home. Maybe I can grab a shot tomorrow, if no one else does before then.

Best I could with the iPhone.
FourSeasonsFins.jpg

Got a couple in the evening.

P1230072.jpg

P1230073.jpg

I would still like to know what is on that full floor above the penthouse. It seems excessive for a condo to have such a large mechanical floor when there is another mechanical penthouse on the very top.

I would still like to know what is on that full floor above the penthouse. It seems excessive for a condo to have such a large mechanical floor when there is another mechanical penthouse on the very top.

going by some old drawings i have the very top (smaller room) is the diesel gen room, below that is a full mechanical floor. is that the floor you were talking about?

The fin's look taller than those on top of the Bay-Adelaide Centre but they're still not tall enough. The mechanical penthouse is taller so from a distance it will be visible. Hopefully It'll be clad and not left as bare concrete.

going by some old drawings i have the very top (smaller room) is the diesel gen room, below that is a full mechanical floor. is that the floor you were talking about?

That would make sense, the upper mechanical floor is just not large enough to accommodate all the necessary equipment. Btw does this drawing incorporate any height figures?

Yes that is the floor...

...That would make sense, the upper mechanical floor is just not large enough to accommodate all the necessary equipment. Btw does this drawing incorporate any height figures?

But as shown in the closeup image above... Much of that equipment is exterior of the small mechanical penthouse and does not need to be inside it. There are not too many condos that I know of that would need two full floors of mechanical up top.

It's almost as if the Hotel snuck in a restaurant/meetings room floor without telling anyone.

Yes that is the floor...

But as shown in the closeup image above... Much of that equipment is exterior of the small mechanical penthouse and does not need to be inside it. There are not too many condos that I know of that would need two full floors of mechanical up top.

It's almost as if the Hotel snuck in a restaurant/meetings room floor without telling anyone.

the diesel gen plus its plenums take up a lot of that space. the mechanical floor has a couple air handling units, 4 boilers (which if i remember right, either all four or two of them serve the hotel portion), plus a bunch of pumps and tanks.

The fin's look taller than those on top of the Bay-Adelaide Centre but they're still not tall enough. The mechanical penthouse is taller so from a distance it will be visible. Hopefully It'll be clad and not left as bare concrete.

That would make sense, the upper mechanical floor is just not large enough to accommodate all the necessary equipment. Btw does this drawing incorporate any height figures?

one schematic shows level 55, which i think is the roof of the diesel generator room at 317.15 meters. or did you mean floor heights?

one schematic shows level 55, which i think is the roof of the diesel generator room at 317.15 meters. or did you mean floor heights?

That includes ground level above sea-level, which happens to be about ~117 meters at Bay and Yorkville, according to Google Earth... So that makes it 200 meters... But I believe the Penthouse is listed as Floor 55 (Which is not the same as the actual level counts, when you take out floors like 13 and so on.) The mechanical may be extra height not listed.

Overall height is indeed what I meant, thank you for the information.
So its 317.15m to the top of level 55, which as Traynor mentioned is probably the Penthouse. Were there any additional height figures above that level? Also, was there any figures for height above sea level at the base of the building? I'm getting different elevation figures from different sources.

Overall height is indeed what I meant, thank you for the information.
So its 317.15m to the top of level 55, which as Traynor mentioned is probably the Penthouse. Were there any additional height figures above that level? Also, was there any figures for height above sea level at the base of the building? I'm getting different elevation figures from different sources.

ground is shown as 116.4m

Back