Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

From 130 Adelaide;
IMG_5793.jpg

IMG_5792.jpg

Almost forgot, in the distance, fro

You likely won't be able to actually see Four Seasons from Trump when complete. Had to lean out to take the picture.

wicked sweet!.... will you be able to see it from a high enough floor though (one above the Bay Adelaide Centre..... aka the super penthouse?), maybe just a sliver?

great view of city hall though! no doubt. from a residential building, basically the best, (shangri-la too)

Right ... should have said except for from the super penthouse. As long as you're on the north side, of course.

Almost forgot, in the distance, from Trump Tower;

IMG_5753.jpg

You likely won't be able to actually see Four Seasons from Trump when complete. Had to lean out to take the picture.

Too bad something like Trump or 4Seasons couldn't be built on that parklot to the left of City Hall.

Something will be built eventually, but under current zoning, nothing taller than City Hall is permitted. The site could easily support a supertall considering the location.

I wonder why:confused:its north west of city hall for shadowing issues...well maybe at sunset for a couple minutes in the dead of summer.

I wonder why:confused:its north west of city hall for shadowing issues...well maybe at sunset for a couple minutes in the dead of summer.

AG, not so much a shadow issue as it is a vista one. Similar to the the Queen's Park/ old 4Seasons site proposal. For some reason our planning dept. doesn't want tall buildings poking out of our civic buildings. Too bad they aready blew it, allowing Residence at College Park to destroy the vista on Bay St. of Old City Hall.

The view of old city hall may be considered 'lost' but not the view of the new one, they likely don't want to repeat the same 'mistake'.

Last edited:
Can you really see the RoCP buildings while standing in front of old city hall? You can't , even moving down as far as Temperance St. and looking back, you can't see them. No vista lost.

A letter in today's Toronto Star blasts the proposed 21 Avenue Road development for destroying the Queen's Park vista. The photo rendering shows these massive towers behind the legislative building. I thought 21 Avenue road was proposed at around 45s. The way it's pictured, it looks to be at least 80s and a supertall. More than a bit of an exaggeration to get the point across I guess. Vista seem to be important to some, but not enough to be protected or enhanced when the opportunity present itself. An example? Vu Condo. Everytime I drive east along Adelaide, I think what a missed opportunity to create a beautiful vista. My apology for going off topic.

Back