Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

from today
20101106058.jpg

I love how Trump has had a head start but I'm still confident that Four Seasons will be finished first....

I was looking through this thread trying figure out when each development started, and I found this little nugget from Jan 2008. It looks like Project might be right.

I was looking through this thread trying figure out when each development started, and I found this little nugget from Jan 2008. It looks like Project might be right.

you have to remember how slow some of the levels took to pour at trump (mechanical, parking levels, etc...), not to mention, trump is taller and the mechanical roof will take a few months to complete.
BTW: nice shot Ed007! the met condos look great but unfortunately blocking out FS! haha!

However, Four Seasons is a bigger complex overall. More storeys combined, larger floorplates, and an additional podium structure.

However, Four Seasons is a bigger complex overall. More storeys combined, larger floorplates, and an additional podium structure.

trump's got a trickier location though. it's harder to get materials in/out of the site. not to mention, trump's curtainwall is probably harder to install with the granite and all (according to trump's facebook video).
I think trump has really thick floor slabs too (at least they look that way). FS looks a bit more straightforward with less setbacks. i dunno...

Both have their complexities, no doubt. Though Trump does seem to be moving at a pretty slow pace, relative to other comparable developments. Four Seasons however, I just walked by it this evening and it's really starting to dominate. The glazing really has a corporate feel to it, like something from the financial core. I love it.

^Good points, ego and Steve. FS really seems to be flying up there, whereas Trump has always been pokey. No doubt this partly due to Trump's tight site and slightly more complex design. It's just interesting HOW much faster FS is progressing. The construction process of FS just seems to be so much better planned and organized than the somewhat dysfunctional, making-it-up-as-we-go-along style of Trump.

^Good points, ego and Steve. FS really seems to be flying up there, whereas Trump has always been pokey. No doubt this partly due to Trump's tight site and slightly more complex design. It's just interesting HOW much faster FS is progressing. The construction process of FS just seems to be so much better planned and organized than the somewhat dysfunctional, making-it-up-as-we-go-along style of Trump.

Haha yeah, never have I seen a building so far into construction (Trump) while knowing so little about how the final product will turn out. It's a mystery!

Haha yeah, never have I seen a building so far into construction (Trump) while knowing so little about how the final product will turn out. It's a mystery!

haha! that is true....
one day: BAM!, setback!
- OMFG!!!! where did that come from!?!

The thing is, we've been through so many renders of trump, we don't know what to think!... meanwhile, fourseasons construction is kinda uneventful in its own sense (nothing wrong with that).

I don't think the slow pace at trump has anything to do with the construction planning... it's just an intense skyscraper!

Back