Toronto Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts | ?m | 5s | COC | Diamond Schmitt

Last night I noticed that all the scaffolding has been removed from the City Room and you can see the glass stairway quite clearly. The great wooden lattice screen acts as a backdrop to the drama that will unfold there ... soon.

I noticed that yesterday too, but forgot to post it. There were also a lot of 8 tops and rented ballroom chairs in the Jackman party poop room yesterday afternoon.

Those round tables that you rent from catering supply companies. They seat eight, hence the names. The larger ones are called 10 tops.

I wonder what the event is? A bash for the donors maybe. They've held several events - dinners - for the bigger donors up on the stage.

Maybe politicos? A friend of mine was almost run over by a fleet of limos last week, outside the old ROM entrance, as he rounded the corner from Bloor on his bicycle. Before they'd even stopped, guys jumped out and held him back so grey haired men in suits could enter the building. Totally boorish behaviour, like they'd been watching too many American movies. He didn't see who it was but assumed it was Harper or someone.

There was something similar going on there a couple of weeks ago when I was there to see the movie about the man obsessed by turtles.

The recently hired staff have been measured for their outfits, which were designed by Franco Mirabelli, according to my mole - who will be wearing one. She says "black tailored jacket and flowing pants". Shoes must be "elegant".

It will be a nice change from those hideous get ups the ushers had to wear at the old place.

ap.: As I understand it, there will be a red carpet on the 14th. We must put our thinking caps on and conspire how to get on it, perhaps rent a ghastly white stretch limo or something ...

Hmmm...maybe I need to start working my contacts over at Stikemans - they must be getting the red carpet treatment.

With the northbound lane of University closed from Richmond to Queen, the carpet will surely have to run from the Queen curb into the building.

Will they reserve the eastbound lane closest to the building for limo drop off I wonder? Or can one just screech to a halt in a cab, and muscle one's way onto the rug, mugging for the cameras?

I've also discovered that here will be a post-concert dinner for several hundred donors, on the stage. Maybe the magic carpet is reserved for them.

Query wether it will run all along University, allowing for a full Oscar Night (c) & (TM) red carpet walk. If that's the case, I need to pay a cheering section to line the Adam Beck statue and yell my name.

Yes, maybe that's it, with media lined up along the median and the loud clicking of cameras, and shouts of, "AP! this way!" and "Babel, over here!" to make us look.

That would be fun, like when they threw eggs at the drag queens outside the St.Charles tavern in the early 1970's.

Back