Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

Beautiful! This and PJ condos are amazing to add character and keeping the heritage of the neighbourhood!

red brick? I see black brick and (likely) red aluminium panels.

Also, the black brick and black window framing seen here has become quite popular in the US. I'm amazed we haven't seen more of it here.

The black brick portion is clearly a reference to the heritage warehouses along Spadina. This seems quite interesting, much more contextually aware than the previous Teeple design.

Overall this is a pretty stunning design. The only thing i'd nitpick on is the way the building meets the King/Spadina intersection, something just seems off with it.

Overall this is a pretty stunning design. The only thing i'd nitpick on is the way the building meets the King/Spadina intersection, something just seems off with it.
And we know through experience that this is exactly what it's going to look like lol!

This Project is what is really missing from our Waterfront right now !!
We need six towers like this in varying heights along the waterfront

This Project is what is really missing from our Waterfront right now !!
We need six towers like this in varying heights along the waterfront

Why six?

Projects like this give me hope that maybe, just maybe, the architectural quality in this city is slowly improving :)
Unfortunately right now it seems like for every 1 of these, we get another 10 piles of junk that get constructed elsewhere. The ratio is probably improving slightly to 2:10 but that's still an abysmal record.

Back