Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

With the markups the LCBO has I'm sure they've already turned a profit. They will probably go back into the new building as tenants.

From today
20101211188.jpg

With the markups the LCBO has I'm sure they've already turned a profit. They will probably go back into the new building as tenants.

Wow, that didn't take long. Of course, this is precisely what many of the people posting here thought would happen. I certainly would not be surprised if the LCBO were located in the base of this new tower.

Last edited:
With the right kind of stepped-back massing, a tall tower won't nessesarily change the feel of the neighborhood. Some of the old textile warehouses on Spadina near this site loom over the street, and that suburban-horror show of the Dragon Mall (I think that's it's name) does much worse. With proximity to the CBD and all the entertainment amenities of the area, high density makes sense here.

I agree with the right setbacks and massing a tall tower could work. I expect that the height will be reduced before being approved, somewhere between the heights of The Hudson and Charlie.

Two floor LCBO? :D

Of course I'd still prefer a mega five floor LCBO.

1: Mixed usual (crappy) suspects for quick in & out
2: Beer
3: Wine
4: Vintages
5: Spirits

*sigh*

Is it CORE architects (who did M5V) that would be designing this proposed 39 storey building ? I like the way they did the floor plans for M5V. btw, who is Cabo Three Investments ?

It would be good if they can include the Winners building since it would complete the whole corner (add to it the Gas station).

Does anyone have a copy of the detailed application by Cabo Three Investments ? I could not find the link. I am curious if they have a design of the proposed mixed-use building.

Last edited:
The Hudson Condos across the street is nicely scaled for that corner and it's 21 stories.
So anything up to 25 with thought out set backs/podium would be appropriate, in my opinion.

It would be good if they can include the Winners building since it would complete the whole corner (add to it the Gas station).

Can one of these condo buildings in the area PLEASE put in a large 7-11 or Mac's?!

Killing off the Petro Canada would be good too. Just don't touch the Shell across the street. I use that one once or twice a month. :D

Don't know where you live, but there is the Busy Bee Market on King just west of Bathurst (south side, right near the Wheat Sheaf). It's a convenience store and it's open 24 hours a day.

Back