Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

5TrkdR2.png

I find it hard to reconcile how fast most condo's go from dirt to built - take "the One" for example - and the years of minimal achievement on this project - and still believe this is normal.

Pure speculation of course but, I see a re design to come. Seems to be a theme in Toronto with developers. Bait and switch. Or cheapen out. We’ll see?!

The city actually encoded in the zoning bylaw that Gehry is to design the building. I'm not sure it would stand up in court as I don't believe the city really has the legal ability to enforce that, but it would at least force a court battle on it if it were to be designed differently.

And trust me on this one, they are moving quickly as possible on this behind the scenes and are keeping the Gehry design.

We date back to 2002 and both 10 Dundas and 1 Bloor East were on our radar then.

Well, 10 Dundas (sic Metropolis) was far, far worse than originally proposed (though it was tacky even then); 1BE on the other than is legitimately a huge step up from the original Young + Wright (now IBI) proposal.

AoD

Back