Toronto Five St Joseph | 160.93m | 48s | Five St. Joseph | Hariri Pontarini

I remember hearing about Waterloo making owners in Uptown update or revitalize their facades. But to be honest I haven't been able to find the policy or documents. It would be nice if more store owners took care of their facades, although in some cases it is expensive.

Can't wait to see this development!

I remember hearing about Waterloo making owners in Uptown update or revitalize their facades. But to be honest I haven't been able to find the policy or documents. It would be nice if more store owners took care of their facades, although in some cases it is expensive.

Can't wait to see this development!

To be clear, the property owner should maintain his/her property and keep it up to standards not the store owner, or leasee. We've seen what damage they can do!

Shocker alluded to this before. But 5 has established a model which will rehabilitate all these older strorefronts along Yonge. For example, SW corner of Yonge & Yorkville.

Speaking of establishing a model... I hope you're interested in model shots, because below you will find 20 of them.

Let's start with the render shot, from the northeast:

5FromNE.jpg

and from the northwest:

5FromNW.jpg

and from the southwest:

5FromSW.jpg

and from the southeast:

5FromSE.jpg

Now, a head-on shot from the north, looking at the undulating balconies in profile (dramatically lit by multiple celestial orbs):

5NorthProfile.jpg

Now we'll drop down to St. Joseph street for a look at the retained warehouse facade and new front door:

5StJosFrontDoors.jpg

and move to the east for a look at the screen that connects the warehouse and tower to the Yonge Street buildings. Behind the screen will be second floor retail, while below the screen is access to the parking garage:

5StJosScreen.jpg

and now around the corner to the Yonge Street shops. The last render we had included buildings further south along Yonge. It turns out that these below are the only ones that are a part of the project, so we can only hope that the landlords of the buildings south of the Five block will consider similar restoration of their storefronts in the future:

5YongeShops.jpg

We'll rise up a bit now and to focus on the various terraces around the podium and base of the tower that serve the various common areas of the condo. First again from the northeast:

5TerracesFromNE.jpg

and now from the southeast:

5TerracesFromSE.jpg

and now from the south. You can peak here at the loading areas of the ground floor:

5TerracesFromS.jpg

and finally from the southwest:

5TerracesFromSW.jpg

We'll now get a better look at the St. Nicholas Street facade. The wall of the warehouses must be taken down here during construction (unlike the St. Joseph wall which can be propped up and kept intact, as far as 10 feet back from the street), with new windows being added to the reconstructed facade. There will, of course, be units in the podium which need light. The original profile of the warehouse will be recreated here:

5StNicThreeQuarter.jpg

With this straight-on view of the St. Nicholas Street facade you can see the existing covered laneway which will be preserved in the finished building. Buildings owners on Yonge will retain access to their backyards!

5StNicStraightOn.jpg

Let's look up at the tower now, west facade first:

5TowerWestFacade.jpg

and here with the similar... but different... east facade. Note that the between-floor spandrel panels will be treated differently on each corner of the building. It's a nice touch; variations on a theme.

5TowerEastFacade.jpg

And now let's look way up and take a good look at what you've been waiting for: close-ups of Five's roof. Like before, one from each corner to help you create a 3D mental map of it all. First from the northeast:

5RoofFromNE.jpg

and from the northwest:

5RoofFromNW.jpg

and from the southwest:

5RoofFromSW.jpg

and we'll finish up on the southeast side:
5RoofFromSE.jpg

Got it? If not, fire away with questions! We hope you enjoyed the visit!

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the pics....great job btw. This building sure looks like a beauty. I'm really impressed with the base as well as the tower. Interesting to see how those balconies will turn out.

D'oh - I have not thought to ask that yet! I'll try to remember next visit... but I'm not sure they would know yet anyway.

The sales centre (designed by Anna Simone) is very cool by the way, nothing else like it, and the model suite has the best looking kitchen I have seen in a major TO condo... but you'll have to wait a bit for that yet - we'll let a professional get those shots!

Glad you guys liked the update!

Great shots 42! Thanks!!

Occupancy planned for November 2014, so we'll have to wait awhile to see this rise.

It's unusual for a building to be this well designed, both inside and out! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone mentioned that the floorplans were up on the website but I can't seem to access them. Were any plans posted in the sales office? I'm dying to know what the word on them is.

Someone mentioned that the floorplans were up on the website but I can't seem to access them. Were any plans posted in the sales office? I'm dying to know what the word on them is.

Several agents have posted floor plans on their personal websites (just google "Five Condo Toronto" to see some). But the builder should have their website http://fivecondos.com/ updated shortly.

Unit sizes are small, however, extremely well designed. :cool:

Back