Toronto First Parliament Site | ?m | ?s

Sweet. I love this development. I hope it gets built. A lot of the cooler looking towers that have been proposed in Toronto in the past 5 years have not been built.

Sweet. I love this development. I hope it gets built. A lot of the cooler looking towers that have been proposed in Toronto in the past 5 years have not been built.

You won't see these towers get built at all, if I and many others including city planners, heritage planners, and anybody who cares about the integrity of the area and the history of the city have any say in the matter.

You won't see these towers get built at all, if I and many others including city planners, heritage planners, and anybody who cares about the integrity of the area and the history of the city have any say in the matter.

People seriously need to grow up. Trees create shadows on sidewalks, should we cut all the trees down as well? It looks like a well designed building, and any opportunity for economic development should be welcomed with open arms, especially these days...

/\

I urge you speak out at the consultation meeting. The idiocy of your statements will strengthen the case against this project.

Last edited:

Clearly you do not appreciate that this is an historic site and that the built height in the area is FAR less. The City and the Province are, apparently, still negotiating a land-swap for the block on east side of Parliament - this building, probably cut down to size, may migrate towards the Gansevort Hotel.

Clearly you do not appreciate that this is an historic site and that the built height in the area is FAR less. The City and the Province are, apparently, still negotiating a land-swap for the block on east side of Parliament - this building, probably cut down to size, may migrate towards the Gansevort Hotel.

Yeah, Considering the ridiculous height(187m)/density they are asking for, the only land swap the city should be doing with these guys is, over by CityPlace...they still do own a bunch of property down there. I think it would be more appropriate and a good trade-off.

People seriously need to grow up. Trees create shadows on sidewalks, should we cut all the trees down as well? It looks like a well designed building, and any opportunity for economic development should be welcomed with open arms, especially these days...

/\

I urge you speak out at the consultation meeting. The idiocy of your statements will strengthen the case against this project.

Especially the bit about trees. That's a conversation killer, right there. But the rest is also good.

Quadrangle Architects.

Didn't someone post this rendering already?

condomanager_view_image.php

Last edited:
The owners of the First Parliament site are apparently testing the waters to see what they can build with no changes to the zoning. It's quite a difference between a 5 storey 'data processing centre' and a 57 floor condo! One might anticiapte we will, eventually, see somehing in between unless the City gets serious about a land-swap.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 1G1

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 160197 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Apr 24, 2012

Project: Non-Residential Building New Building

Description: Proposed data processing establishment comprising of 5 storeys and an underground parking garage.

Last edited:

Back