Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

I was walking into work this morning at FCP and noticed a slew of construction workers lined up at the Building Security office (behind Mephisto).
Not sure if it has anything to do with recladding... will try and get more info later today.

^ Definitely agree. The mess that's up there that seems to have increased and accumulated over the years should be cleaned up. A nice white spire with built in anntenae should accompany the recladding.

This would look awkward I think.

I think it should have two black prongs like the current one, but cleaner. Positioned like those on John Hancock or Sears Tower.

I was not aware that permits had been issued for this development.:confused: Also we were told there would be an official announcement from the landlord for this project.:confused:

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5X 1K7

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 152184 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Aug 31, 2009

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Re-Roofing/Re-Cladding

Description: Proposal to for re-cladding removal of marble spandrel panels and re-clad with glas spandrel panels.

Application: Building Additions/Alterations Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON M5X 1K7

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 152184 BLD 00 BA Issued Date: Aug 31, 2009

Project: Multiple Use/Non Residential Re-Roofing/Re-Cladding

Description: Proposal to for re-cladding removal of marble spandrel panels and re-clad with glas spandrel panels.

woohoo ... glass spandrel panels !! I'm assuming its going to be white ?? glass spandrels for will surely age a lot better than FCP's marble :D

I'm hoping we'll get to see some sort of test panels soon... glass spandrels wasnt my top choice but it will be nice to see FCP get a clean new look. Clearly this was the cheapest solution...

The fact that condo are being clad in spandrel glass opposed to natural stone supports the cheapest approach

I'm hoping we'll get to see some sort of test panels soon... glass spandrels wasnt my top choice but it will be nice to see FCP get a clean new look. Clearly this was the cheapest solution...

Absolutely not necessarily the cheapest option.

There is a RANGE of materials. Cheaper stones, more expensive glass systems, cheap metals, pricey metals. etc. etc.

I can't see them going with the cheapest cladding. This is a class A building and one of the most important one in Brookfields portfolio.

Back