Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Aug 27
Not to gun ho on the new panels on the lower level and it could be the light as well not complete.
6091272616_dff7af4276_b.jpg

6090731309_bc851240a4_b.jpg

6091277088_2b69705106_b.jpg

Test Cladding for the base? I thought I remembered someone saying the base would be marble and glass above the this level.

Sweet! Can't wait for the hoarding here to come down.
Toronto will be looking mighty fine for the 2015 PanAm Games visitors.. too bad I can't say the same for the 'partner' Cities (ie: Hamilton)

Tower reclad is supposed to be finished by the end of Q3.
Podium reclad by the end of Q4.

Assuming you mean Q3 calendar year, there's no way they're finishing the tower reclad by the end of September. At the current rate, they're on track to finish it in early 2012.

I'm sure the construction workers are doing their best to avoid another dreadful winter of working in the cold. Granted, they won't be so high up but still.

I'm sure the construction workers are doing their best to avoid another dreadful winter of working in the cold. Granted, they won't be so high up but still.

They have certainly been picking up speed throughout the project. They're knocking out about six floors a month right now--if they can up that pace to eight floors a month they can be close to finished by the end of November.

I just saw a few tweets saying there was a man climbing the FCP scaffolding outside...
Anyone got any pictures of this lol?!

Man Climbing First Canadian Place
Police don't know why, but early Monday evening a man began climbing up First Canadian Place at King and Bay.

There was no indication of how high he climbed but by 6 o clock, police say he was too high to reach or communicate with.

Officers were on scene to protect others passing by and say it would be to dangerous to attempt any kind of major rescue.
http://www.newstalk1010.com/News/localnews/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10285160

Last edited:
hmmmm....whoah.
According to this guy on twitter:

@Zoots14 A man climbed up the scaffolding at First Canadian Place & jumped. Blood all over the ledge at the courtyard waterfall.

The scaffolding doesnt go up 37 floors, it may (or may not) be at the 37th floor but how did he get up there???? I mean theres only a couple people in the world that scale skyscrapers with their bare hands. I figure there have got to be easier ways to commit suicide in this city, unless he was looking to make the news (which it seems he didnt). Tragic story, but more information would be helpful nonetheless

I just feel sorry for anyone that witnessed that. Having experienced it first hand I know just how unpleasant it is.

i agree. ever since i saw some 9/11 footage of people jumping to their deaths, it gives me chills just imagining seeing it in person.

Someone "spider-man", scaled the New York times tower in NY, (as well as other ones too).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3iaNDIxai0

this is horrible. do you think the person planned it today, considering it's a holiday, so security/construction workers would me minimal?

Seems likely, its incredibly easy to access almost any construction site especially when there's no workers around.
Why I just went up one last night ;) t'was legitimate though, wanted to see how my condo was coming along.
Though you'd think FCP would have more security than most.

well, i assume the guy climbed the podium, which, probably isn't that hard...

and what condo may i ask?

Back